Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Funny or Embarrissing Bus Stories

Yes Dick its a good thing that U R looking at campers with 60 series. U just inserted yourself into this thread more than U realize.

A couple of stories.

Coming back from a long weekend at a friends in the Hill Country with my family and his wife and kids in the bus. We got to Houston and the automatic air lock on the entry door (typically disengages when the parking brake is set of the door handle is opened) would not disengage. Got on the phone with Prevost and spent the next 30 minutes taking the dash apart to try to find the the Norgren valve that controlled the door lock. Ended up taking everyone (3 adults and 4 kids and 2 dogs including a 65 lb Fat Beagle) out of the emergency window via a ladder. The valve was below the driver's seat in the electrical bay.

With our first motorhome (a Fleetwood diesel) back in 2000, I had just filled up and got to the storage facility to park it. I turned the key off and took it out of the ignition but the engine would not shut off. I tried several things but to no avail. Fortunately, I stored the RV in the same facility that Pete Petree stored his 85 Prevost (at the time). Pete was working on his bus and I asked if he could help a bewildered RV owner. He came over and we lifted up the bed and disconnected the main wiring harness from the computer to the engine. It worked.

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

The Summer Adventure Begins..........

Left Florida yesterday - started the bus and the Country Coach Dash would not light up - I have played this game before - I proceeded to take things apart above & below until I got on the forum and looked at my own post from 4 years ago - one of the responses from back then was to check the dimmer switch - dimmer switch had been turned to dark and I turned it clockwise and all was well.... 1 hour lost............
    2005 Marathon H3-45 # 0867

2013 Chevy Avalanche

We were once staying in an older RV park and a guy came up to me and exclaimed, "Wow, what a beautiful rig! It's so big!". "So", he said, "how many people does it sleep?". I said, "We'll, when its full, ... two,". We all had a good chuckle.

Nice to see you posting again.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Not funny, embarrissing, but scary, I took my bus to have some work done on it, and upon arrival, I stopped at the maintenance facility, set the brake, turned off the engine, and attempted to unlatch my seat belt to no avail. I was by myself, without my cell phone, and after struggling with it for about 10 minutes, took out my trusty pocket knife and CUT the belt to get free. It is scary when thinking if it were an emergency, like an accident or fire and had no knife what could one do?
    ALWAYS have a way to get out of the seat, as seat belt latches do fail!

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Was at Yogi Bear park in Milbrook Illinois on the 4th of July this year. Was there for two days. Running A/C non-stop. Seems a lot of condensation from the Roof top units made the ground around the rear tires very wet and soft. We fired the rig up and were going to head home but... the rear wheels kept spinning in the mud. After ten minutes of rocking the bus back and forth we see a crowd of 20+ people standing out in road watching us.

Another ten minutes pass and now there are more people (and some with lawn chairs) sitting in the street watching us.
    Now Im getting nervous- I think I see people behind tress and bushes exchanging bets as to wether I get get out or stay stuck in the mud :-0 All they see is my wife pointing her finger at me and me yelling back at her to chill...

Finally got out and threw some rubber floor mats under the rear tires and was able to finally get some traction and pull out onto the road. A large roar of folks were pumping their fist in the air and clapping. I could see the park ranger in my mirrors as I pulled out scratching his head and looks at the deep craters I left behind.

For the next couple of miles we left a track of mud as far as the eye could see ;-)

Tully

I think the thread title could be considered funny or embarrassing as it is spelled incorrectly, as is the category "Miscellaneous Items" Just saying.

That "Miscellaenous" was a little embarrassing. Funny you are the first to notice or at least the first to point it out. Only been that way for about 6 months.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

I kept thinking it would get fixed so didn't say anything sooner No biggie, I make lots of mistakes as well. Just thought it fit the thread.