Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funny or Embarrissing Bus Stories

Default Funny or Embarrissing Bus Stories

Whos going first

Louise and I were traveling in New Mexico on some back roads just for the fun of it. This was quiet a while back, before GPSs were popular. So she is looking at the travel atlas and giving me directions.

We come to a intersection in the road and the US hiway sign was missing so we didn't know which way to turn. I said let's not turn since there was no sign telling us to turn; let's just keep going straight! Sounds logical right! She says turn right and that will be the continuation of the hiway. We argue back and forth at the intersection and since I am driving I continue to go straight.

We drive about 2 miles and come to a beautiful lake; only problem was there was a big sign that said "Road Ends"! So I had to disconnect the car, turn the coach around and re-connect the tow car.

We still laugh about that day!

Now we let the GPS confuse us and get us into similar situations. At least we can blame the computer!
    Last edited by merle&louise; 06-06-2013 at 10:48 PM.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Too many to remember. Driving down the road at night with my Neon skirt lights on, or both engine doors swinging wildly going down the freeway and a driver trying to flag me down. plugging 12 volt lamps in 24 volt sockets. Bringing the living room slide in and crushing a box of stuff.

Driving down the road for 2 hours with my ride height up to max height, not in drive height.

Not bringing a ladder and losing my electric zip dee shade canopy in the desert.

Many more.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Hey Gary, I did the drive down the road at max ride height before. People were looking at me like I was crazy.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

When I picked up mine it idled for probably an hr while I was showed around some and then I aired up all the tires. It was an 84 and 8-V and at the time I was pretty clueless as to high idle. I thought Id let it "warm up" a bit. The bus was also sitting for who knows how long only running from time to time at startup never actually rolling around. When I hit Henderson Pike on the way out to the big road that bus layed out a smokescreen a half a mile out. I thought holy crap what have I gotton myself into. It was a really ugly It cleaned up but oh my god I bout had a heart attack when I looked in the mirror. I was still grinning ear to ear happy to be headed home with it.

A few days after we got our first bus (93 Marathon), I drove around the bus barn without disconnecting the power cord. When I made the circle I saw the end of my cord hanging on the wall. If I had looked in the mirror, I could have seen Paulette running and waving her arms. That's why I traded for a Country Coach so the talking lady would tell me when my power cord was connected. Problem solved!
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Love "Country Coach Betsy" (cleaned that up!) I had a period of time when my Verbal System was inop and realy missed it. When I had an early Datsun (single days) used to think it would have been cool to be able to access its controls to change and edit what it would come on and say.....just remembering

I know a Member that became alarmed when he learned his 8-V was a two cycle engine and he had not added any two cycle oil to the fuel.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Ohhhhhhhhhh I didn't realize I was including our experiances with other peoples mistakes. Great idea Jim. I have a single friend with a Marathon that invited some folks in the bus and the door mechanism fell apart as they closed it behind themselves on the way in. When they went to leave they could not open the door with either the inside or outside latches. One of the persons he was entertaining and stuck inside was a more than moderately overweight middle aged woman. They all crawled out one of the awning windows in the livingroom out on to a flimsy aluminum step ladder just tall enough to "get er done". He told me "I was very worried she was either not going to fit or get stuck going out"
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 06-08-2013 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JIM KELLER View Post
    I know a Member that became alarmed when he learned his 8-V was a two cycle engine and he had not added any two cycle oil to the fuel.
    How much oil? 50:1 ratio?