Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Level Low Question

AND if after all this fails THEN U have to raise the regulator upping the air pressure a bit. Test and first watch it very close at see if the same thing is occouring as we found on Loydes bus. Get out a tape and measure thru pumping the brake causing repeated compressor cycles on high idle measure at the bottom of the first bay door at the back of the steer tire to the ground. U will begin to see just a very slight movement up and swoosh the dryer sneezes and it stops. Repeated cycles produce similar results till ride height is achieved. If U take it out of high idle often ride height will go more between cycles if not get there right off. Again if all else fails its the stinking air pressure and U could not ask for an easier fix.

Joe,

I will give this a try on the weekend. Thanks for your phone call.

Cheers

Peter

In the big scope of things its really not a big factor. Normally we are on flat spots or we are wanting the front down not up. The thing is when folks actually try to go up in the front and things don't happen you tend to get worried a bit. Now U know what is happening. Although we all have similar suspensions they are all different to. Im completely confident many who read this do not have poorly preforming level-low. We are all different. They were in a constant state of evolution. The bags then the fitting sizes then the size of the lines then the additional tanks for the bags. I have experienced the entire gammit of performance in level-low from bus to bus. Another thing to consider is this. Comparitivly , to say, the trucking industry our front ends are heavy way heavy. Even tho the max weight for a straight truck of 3 axles is the same weight limit as for us 54000lb I can tell U most 3 axle straight trucks do not have the ability to put the 20000 on the steer in order to get the max of 54 without going over 34000 on the rears and subsequently the gross is significantly less be lucky to see 14000 on the steer on a 3 axle dump for example. Most road trucks are 10,000 on the steer only sometime approaching 12,000 very rarely. The wheelbase on the bus makes it easier to load the steers Most of our stuff is north of 15000 and the newer heavier buses are aproaching 54000 the legal limit and that means there is very close to 20000 on the steer axles to remain legal at those weights. This is the nature of the animal we are talking about. If we have to go thru some contortions on some of the heavier front ends every now and then on some rare situations so what. Usually we are still the nicest campers in the place.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 06-06-2013 at 08:45 PM.

Thanks to all for your input. I got things working on the weekend. I believe I was impatient the first few times I was playing with the system.

Cheers

Peter