Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leaking dash heat circulation pump

Default Leaking dash heat circulation pump

My Prevost dash heat circulation pump is leaking and I have replacement parts, seals, impeller, gaskets, etc. I ordered from Prevost. I have removed the pump and cannot disassemable it. Can anyone tell me how to remove the impeller to get at the seals? Prevost has an upgrade in a seamless motor/pump setup for $800 but I opted to repair mine for $100 in new parts. Now I am stumped. Any help would be appreciated. This is the pump located on the ceiling in the front center bay

pictures please. Have U even gt the housing apart or no.

Photos of pump
    Attached Images Attached Images

Have U attempted to seporate that next flange that couples the pump housing to the motor housing?

Im guessin the impeller is what U R dealing with now.

Hate to sound fussy but how bout another photo.

The snail the impeller take a photo of that. Is it held on the shaft with a small nut? Is the impeller aluminum or metal?

Im pretty confident I know U well enough to say if U cant figure it out its a bit of a jig saw puzzle hu?

Bet U R happy that big black Mack aint this fussy.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 05-26-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Call these people
    P M Pump CO

Pm Pump Company
    5032 Stanley Farm Road
    Salem, VA 24153-7948 map

Will send additional photos tomorrow. I cannot separate the brass pump section from the motor part because the impeller is holding it together. I have tried prying between the brass pump and the motor but nothing moves. I believe once the impeller is released it will all separate so I can replace the seals. It seems to be pressed on instead of a nut holding it on the shaft.The Black Bull Dog is simple compared to the bus.

I will contact the pump company on Tuesday. Thanks for the help.

It looks the same as what CC installed for the Webasto. If so, get a bigger hammer. The impeller is just stuck. Once you have the motor off you can press or beat it off.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

I would think that there should be an allen stock screw holding the impeller onto a slotted shaft. Check closely, it may be covered by sediment/rust.
    Good luck in getting it off!

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Here's what mine looks like off the motor. If the same there's set screw. BTW, I bought a replacement for about $400 and when I get around to putting this one back together it will be my spare.

IMG_20130527_112046_542.jpg

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Gil,
    My pump is not the same. It is not a converter added pump but one from Prevost. I believe we all have them in the front bay behind the bumper. You have to crawl in the bay and look on the ceiling to find it. It aids in circulating the "water" from the engine compartment to the front of the bus. I checked online on the Prevost site, under Maintenance Manual, and it requires a puller that is available from MP Pumps, the manufacturer of the pump. There are no set screws on impeller.

I have a MP dealer about an hour from me so tomorrow morning I'm going to call them and see if I can get a new one and rebuild this one to keep as a spare. MP Pumps has a list price of $522 on their website so I'm hoping to get it for less using my company. MP is in Michigan but this dealer is only an hour away so I hope I'm taking a trip to get it in the next couple of days.

Thanks for all of the replies and help. I will let you know the results when the pump is on. Again, thanks to all.