Thread: Gas Struts

Default Gas Struts

If you ever need gas struts, here's the place to go:
    Associated Spring Raymond
    370 W. Dussel Drive - Suite A
    Maumee, OH 43537-1604
    Phone: 419-891-9292

I didn't realize my front bumper wasn't supposed to come open with enough force to move the coach. Okay, maybe not that bad; but close. Anyway, it had been like that since I bought it. I finally decided to pull the gas struts and they were both dead! Associated Springs Raymond is on the web, has every possible size and pressure, and their price and delivery were great. Now, with 500 pounds of pressure, I actually have to help the front bumper down. BTW, if you want to spend a bit more they even carry these in stainless steel!

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

I finally finished replacing all the Gas Struts on my baggage doors today and i found a new way that doesn't require removing the ball stud on the back. I just break the strut away from the ball, the area encasing the ball is plastic. This way i just need to slide the new strut and and slide the retainer clip into place. I used a small rubber band to hold the pin, then i cut it with a blade once it was swiveled and snapped into place.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike Giboney
    1992 Prevost Country Coach

Mike, you are definitely deserving of a new Prevost moniker. Instead of PrevostNewbie...how about “MrFixIt!” Your workmanship, photos and explanations of what/how you are doing each of these various projects is spectacular!!!

You should consider a 2nd career working for one of the better Converters...they’d be lucky to have ya! Outstanding!

Thank you,

Awe, Thank you. I really Love working on RV's and wanted a bigger challenge that the sticks and staples were giving me. Thanks to everyone on here for making all of us feel welcome and assuring us we are not alone. It's a nice community, and I am glad to share what i am doing.
    Mike Giboney

Great idea on the strut installation! Where did you purchase the struts?

Joe and Michelle
    98 Country Coach XLV

These are the ones I used, 250#, they don't come with the ball stud, but it's the same as the one i currently have on the bus. The ball is 10mm and the thread is 8mm. for the front (compartment door side) you can just pop the clip off and leave the ball stud installed also. My bus is almost 30 years old and none of the ball studs showed any wear, in the picture you will only see a a slight dark area. These struts don't seem to get a lot of use, in almost 30 years, my bus sat for almost 10 years with no use, maybe each door was opened 300 times?

Strut Link:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/SET-RV-26-3...72.m2749.l2649

Mike Giboney

My front Bumper uses 28" struts. I used these from McMaster Carr.
    www.mcmaster.com
    #4138T82 (250#)
    Mike Giboney