Thread: How to select an RV resort or campground for 45 footers with toads.

Default How to select an RV resort or campground for 45 footers with toads.

What references sources do you guys use to plan your travel/vacation stops and long term parking too.
    You know, gives you all the details of what they offer, fees, size rigs they can accommodate, ratings etc?

Thanks

I use Big Rigs Best Best, recommendations from this site. I spend to e on the Internet a d I also google earth the RV park to see what the area around it looks like.

I've travelled from FL to AK and use www.rvparkreviews.com, the CG's own site, and a phone call. I sometimes use Google Earth and sometimes use Big Rigs Best Bets. Unless the CG has no tress, Google Earth isn't much good. I must admit Big Rig Best Bets spends more time on the shelf and is really not used anymore. As good as it is, it provides such a limited number of CGs that far too many would be overlooked if you only relied on this publication. We spent over 6 months travelling a good bit of the US and parts of Canada and never spent a night outside of a CG; all with sites and access large enough for us. In most cases, we unhook the toad upon entering a CG; but not always. There were a couple of CGs that were tight but doable with a spotter. We seldom made a reservation booking most CGs around lunchtime of the day of our arrival.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Gil_J View Post
    I've travelled from FL to AK and use www.rvparkreviews.com, the CG's own site, and a phone call. I sometimes use Google Earth and sometimes use Big Rigs Best Bets. Unless the CG has no tress, Google Earth isn't much good. I must admit Big Rig Best Bets spends more time on the shelf and is really not used anymore. As good as it is, it provides such a limited number of CGs that far too many would be overlooked if you only relied on this publication. We spent over 6 months travelling a good bit of the US and parts of Canada and never spent a night outside of a CG; all with sites and access large enough for us. In most cases, we unhook the toad upon entering a CG; but not always. There were a couple of CGs that were tight but doable with a spotter. We seldom made a reservation booking most CGs around lunchtime of the day of our arrival.
    Gill could you tell me CGs stand for? I always use Big Rig Best and have yet to be disappointed.

Thanks
    sid

Sid, wake up buddy. Camp Ground. I didn't know what LOL meant.

Bernie & Deborah
    2019 Marathon X3 #1291
    2019 Intech Stacker

Sid,

You won't be disappointed using Big Rig Best, but you will have overlooked CGs the authors didn't visit. There are some very nice CGs they didn't visit. If I solely relied on this book I could not have stayed in some towns I did stay in.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Ok ok I got it!!!

CG....lets see, could be CowGirl?

If you don't have access to a Big Rigs book just call Loc.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot