Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Improve WiFi While in Your Prevost

It is the only wifi I have I use it for all wifi at home and on the road the only time I ever went over my package is recently I watched a bunch of free live tv off my new live direct tv capability.

Also have to have an exzisting Verizon account prior. Its 4g i know that and its just as quick as the home wifi it replaced .

Also gave out a free HP compact mini when I signed up.

Joe, my discounted VZ plan is about $90 a month which includes tethering my smartphone to Wi-Fi devices and 5G of data. My preference is Wi-Fi, even to connect my phone when at home, and when the Wi-Fi performance is better than VZ. In Canada and Ak I didn't use VZ data at all. In fact I turned off data while in Canada due to unnecessary expense.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

VZ must like you Joe. The price around here with is about the same Gil is paying.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Im not streaming data thru my cell phone I use for phone calls. I have been given a seporate second # for interet service it costs an additional 20 bucks a month and anyone can get the same thing

Next time U R at VZ ask them to explain the "mobile office manager" that is the device I am using to put the data thru my mini hp instead of a phone.

Joe, so you have the $90/mn or thereabouts data plan on your phone and pay another $20/mn to avoid using your phone's built-in Wi-Fi capability. I assume you don't get any extra data with that 20 bucks, just a data only device, which I assume to be their Mi-Fi card.

Gil and Durlene

Dale, here's the one I use: http://www.ampedwireless.com/family/...s/sr10000.html The only thing I don't like about this one is that it has to be configured from the Ethernet port. I would prefer to have one configurable over the local Wi-Fi link.

Gil and Durlene

Gil are you saying a router works without being connected to a DSL line just the computer wired to the router?

I only have 1 laptop and VZ is the only internet I pay for both at home and on the road.

I had the VZ office manager installed or downloaded or whatever into it

I still have my cell phone that is wifi but it is completly useless for what I need while traveling. The buttons are to small the screen is too small and all around joke.

They kinda solved that with the new tablets but they are still a bit pricey for me and I would still prefer a conventional laptop with a keyboard anyway.

My monthly with VZ is over 200 but I have other things going on.

The data plan I have was tweeked by one of the VZ associates that suggested I go with the smallest plan based on my prior usage and it was the 20 dollar a month (i started with a larger plan but neverused even 1/2). I think the packages go up in incraments of 10 dollars

I use it for all my wifi needs so its like im a fulltimer with it and it has almost always been under the package data allowance.

The only signal I have coming in my home now is for TV I dumped the land line phone and all internet to the house and the additinal 20 bucks I give VZ is all it cost me for internet both home and away.

As I continue to learn more about the free live tv direct tv now offers I will undubtably need to go to a bigger plan depending on how much TV I watch on it in the future.

"VZ mobile office manager" for those with big fat fingers and poor vision like me U will love it instead of pumping the signal into the phone U send it into your current laptop instead, couldnt be nicer.

Dont remember what I was paying for internet at the house that I canceled but im sure it was more than that.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 05-14-2013 at 05:30 PM.

Joe, VZ can turn on mobile tethering on most any Wi-Fi capable smart phone. This allows you to connect up to 5 simultaneous devices, like your laptop, to the smartphone and use the phone's data plan.

Gil and Durlene