Thread: Dash Air

Hybrid View

Default Dash Air

Just lost our dash air compressor. This is in a '98 conversion, '97 chassis. Have been told there is a newer, heavier-duty compressor available. What is the model and make of this newer compressor? Appreciate any help you can offer.
    Thank you.

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Bob, do a search for York AC compressor replacement, and it will give you some info on a replacement. (upper right side of the page)

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Prevost has an upgrade AC system for the XLII, not sure if it is available of the XL. I had it installed on my 02 chassis when the compressor went out two years ago and it was well worth the cost. I think it was about a 50 percent increase in cooling capacity. Worth checking to see if available on XL.

Thanks for the info--will start the research.

Bob,

Keep us informed on this one. I (and probably others) are curious if there is an upgraded replacement that is available.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

We have done what research we could and found a new part number for the compressor. It is a TCCI #ER210L-25149. Don't know if it is any heavier-duty but Prevost says that this is somewhat of an upgrade from our 1997 original. Have found it online several places from $171.00 and up.