Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: americancarriage.com

dalej Guest

I remember the first time I drove our bus in 1998, I was headed into Las Vegas and at rush hour, (I think every hour is rush hour in Vegas) and thinking to myself, I'm only a few feet from this windshield, what if? Have never thought of driving fast in our bus. And besides my wife won't let me even if I wanted to, believe me she can tell how fast we are going even while she's reading.
    Last edited by dalej; 12-31-2006 at 06:08 PM.

I don't have a prevost, but I do have a 45 foot plastic coach and it weighs alot. When people ask me " is this hard to drive?", I reply no, you just have to understand that it takes a long time to stop this much weight so you have to be carefull. I still want to have lots of fun in this life and being the first one to the accident in a big coach is not on my list. Speed is fun but it does have its' down side.

Be carefull out there
    John

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Jon You would have been proud of us yesterday comming down the Fla. turnpike.

I did a fuel milage check inbetween Chi. and Tenn. cruise set at 65, P-U in tow right at 49000lb, 5.65mpg. I thought that was pretty good concidering the hills in Ky. and Tenn. and thought we might make 6 in the flat and a little slower, soooooooooo it was 63mph baby all the way down. We fueled at the 2MM in Georga on I 75, and its around 1200 miles down to key west and back from there and I'm hoping to get back to that same spot before fueling again. We will let you know how we did when we get back there at the end of the month. I'd give everyone a weather report but that would be bragging.