Thread: Night Driving

Default Night Driving

Being single allows me a great deal of time alone because I put alot of miles on and that also gives me a great deal of time to concetrate.

So im makin smoke for home night before last using some time proven night driving teqniques.

Late with light traffic on interstates first i shut off the cb or cover to block the glow of its lights, dim down the dash shut down my floor courticy lights. when u dont any light in the cabin dialates the pupils and night vision preformace suffers. The phone and gps moniters they all kill good night vision. Is also more soothing on the eyeballs. Try it

Another habit that works great but is something that is not really practical in moderate to heavy oncoming traffic. Close your left eye when headlights approach and train yourself to look rightward with your right eye. When the car pases and u open your left eye it has zero dialation way less stress on those mussles.

So i also noticed while doing this if when my left eye is closed to oncoming headlights i cock my head over slightly and use my nose to shield my right eye from the lights it does not dialate either.

Cooky but it works. If ya got a big schnoze thats better too�� Life out on the road.

Sos im only half through the night and im still thinking and BAM the light goes on again.

Screenshot_20211111-124109.jpg

Ordered this today. I think if i put this on a 45 at night it will shield the oncoming lights good and not impede the normal driving field of vision looking directly ahead. Put a full block out piece for nighttime and 45 it over to the upper corner. Not to mention sunny days. Im pretty excited about this.

Lifes simple pleasures. Some of u have really good shades but this is infanetly adjustable, I think It could be a really helpful bit of kit for the bus too.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 11-11-2021 at 02:46 PM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

If you change all of your interior lights to "red", they won't rffrct your vision for night driving. My last plane had lots of lights but "all" red and never had trouble finding traffic, etc.
    Bob & Sue Grote
    2006 Vantare, 2018 Jeep Summit Diesel

IMG_20211123_132222943_HDR.jpg

What is not to like about this? BAM Another piece for the cool catigory.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

I had Rosen sunvisors in a previous bus and I saw them in a Gulfstream 2G my Freind piloted. They worked great.

Great find.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion