Thread: 10 year old TracVision TV Satellite Systems

Default 10 year old TracVision TV Satellite Systems

I have an '04 Vantare with an '03 TracVision in motion Sat and it sits right on the top of the front of the coach. Since I want to move the dome toward the rear of the coach since the place I spend most of the time has palm trees in the way, I wondered if I would benefit from upgrading my older unit or is it still ok? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.....Also if I upgrade, would in motion HD be economically feasible....Thanks, Mike Shaw

Does it still work? Mine although operational can no longer be used on DirecTV. I know that your in motion system can't receive DirecTV HD channels. Unless you need in-motion I suggest you consider one of the fold down dishes. They are they only systems that receive all of the satillites for either DISH or DirecTV.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Mike,

It all depends on how much you want to spend. I believe the newest thing out is what they call SWM for Direct TV. It allows you to run 1 coax off the antenna into a multiplex switch for your TV's inside in HD. Or the cheap route would be to get a old KVH dome and you can run Dish in motion in HD. You have to tell us more of what you have, HD TV's? I can get you a few numbers from some guys that can walk you thru it to make a decision.

Later
    bv

Bernie & Deborah
    2019 Marathon X3 #1291
    2019 Intech Stacker

Mike,

If it works, and you are happy with it, move it to the back, and run the extension cables on top of the bus.
    Why waist the money for a new unit ?

Alek

Bernie how the remodel coming along? I'm in Texas but haven't forgot about ya! Hope all is well

sid

I've seen newer coaches with two. One in motion and one fold down type for HD. Depending on where you reciever is located, it may be easier to just buy a portable and hook it up when your parked by those pesky trees.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Hey Sid,

Going up in 2 weeks, rub rails for the trailer were a problem. I don't wanna high jack the thread. Call me when you get back. I miss TX.
    Be careful.

Later
    bv

Bernie & Deborah
    2019 Marathon X3 #1291
    2019 Intech Stacker

I recently used Will Newsom - Newsom Electronics - to fix my TracStar. His number is 352-274-4507. Will is located near Ocala,Fl but travels a pretty large area.

He has alot of parts for the older TracStar systems that they no longer support. I was very happy with his work.

Jamie
    2005 Marathon H3-45 # 0867

2013 Chevy Avalanche