Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Shopping for a Prevost

Another question.....Is there a book value on a Prevost anywhere? I have not been able to find one.

Jerry

Jerry, no book on Prevosts. Strictly market driven similar to high end boats and airplanes. Asking prices all over the board and unless you know somone that will tell you what they paid, its hard to find out what they sold for. What I meant by buying at the top was that the asking price for an 01 is at the top, so that coach better be pretty nice and not require alot put into it right away. We are abouy 90min away from Lon, so if you want some help Tues, let me know.
    Corey Grubb & George Prentice
    1999 H3-45 Vantare
    Will & Grace-fierce felines
    Cedar Hammock, FL.

The road goes on forever
    and the party never ends

Corey he says it is nice, it was $329, now it's 299. Which price did you see?

Jerry

I had also looked at an 02 XLII 2 slides, but it was more with no OTR air

Jerry,

Take it to Prevost Jacksonville for a PDI or you will could be in for a rude awakening. If the seller won't allow that, run away.
    Last edited by n33d2camp; 04-07-2013 at 09:37 PM.

Do you know the coach, or is that in general with any coach ?

Jerry

I dont know the coach, just offering some advise since you are a first time prevost buyer. The money spent for a PDI by prevost or the converter will be worth every penny.

Corry offered, go for it, let him help. Why not this is the kind of stuff we are all about. It certianly couldnt hurt and you still could do further investigation if you liked it and ran into a hurtle with a initial shake down.

That was a nice offer
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 04-07-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jbchevy3 View Post
    I'm buying the coach from Florida Luxury Coach, does anyone have any experience with them? I'm told the coach has been thoroughly inspected and serviced front to back. They also tell me they will fix anything that breaks for the first 30 days. It is a Featherlite Vantare conversion. Does have OTR air which I'm familiar with because a good friend of mine has an 04 H with OTR air, he also suggested buying one with OTR air. It has cruise airs instead of roof air.
    Joe, I do have a test meter and I know how to use it, I even have a tone generator which came in handy on my CC.
    I am fairly mechanical since I have raced for 40 years .

My CC did have a Cat C13, but its an 06.

Ill make sure the air bags are checked.

Garyde, how often should transmission fluid be changed?

thanks Jerry

Here is a link to Allison Transmissions: Tansynd oil is what I use. I have a transmission retarder and this oil is good for 50000 miles.
    http://www.allisontransmission.com/service/transynd.jsp
    Check it out.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

I have purchased a couple of Prevost coaches from Florida Luxury Coach--Lon Neuville. These people actually do what they promise to do. Tech support 24/7. Any problems I had were handled quickly & as promised. I would strongly recommend these folks.