Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shopping for a Prevost

Thanks, so OTR air a plus, roof airs are ok, and De-lam is not a deal breaker unless it's evident by beating on the panels.

Still looking, If anyone knows of a 02-03 H or XLII in the $300k range

Jerry, there are quite a few out there that fit in those parameters. Do you know the sites to look on ?
    Corey Grubb & George Prentice
    1999 H3-45 Vantare
    Will & Grace-fierce felines
    Cedar Hammock, FL.

The road goes on forever
    and the party never ends

It seems that the XL-II panel failures are most prevalent with coaches that are subjected to long stays at the beach

That is not correct Gil, whether the bus is stored inside, outside, west coast, east coast or in between makes no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by n33d2camp View Post
    Corey is correct, most have it from 2000 - 2009 some worse than others and its not if but when it will have to be done. The only cure is rivets and cover panels from prevost. If it's not bad you can just ignore it but down the line of ownership someone will have to step up.
    Hi Corey. Can you be more specific. Where are you finding information that all stainless panels will fail. Is this an opinion or have you spoken with Prevost?
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

I'd sure like to know the source of all XLII's from 2000 to 2009 are going to have lamination failure. That's a pretty broad statement, the source would be helpful or is that an opinion. We aren't going back to the hear say at the Tampa Show? Are we?

Later
    bv

Bernie & Deborah
    2019 Marathon X3 #1291
    2019 Intech Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by garyde View Post
    Hi Corey. Can you be more specific. Where are you finding information that all stainless panels will fail. Is this an opinion or have you spoken with Prevost?
    Gary, That was n33d2camp. I said no one knows the extent of the problem except possibly Prevost.
    1999 H3-45 Vantare
    Cedar Hammock, FL.

The road goes on forever
    and the party never ends

I have found the problem is not imaginary. It is real, it is extensive and Prevost techs have commented that eventually all XLII will need repairs on the skins. But if you have a problem and even mention the word lawyer watch the reaction.

I believe that what you say is true,was just saying that I didn't say it. Given that it is either the bonding agent (they've switched at least once) or the time/process all are potential for the problem. Forewarned is forearmed. I assume that your 03 CC is an XL11 ? Any signs yet ?
    1999 H3-45 Vantare
    Cedar Hammock, FL.

The road goes on forever
    and the party never ends

Yes it has problems again. Trying to negotiate at least some help with the cost of repairs so will say no more.

Thanks for the advice, I have decided on a 2001 H3 45 with 150k miles. Are there any issues that stand out with a coach like this? It has OTR air. I know with my CC Intrigue, all CC's had radiator and PTO problems. Are there any problems like that with Prevost that I should look out for on an H3 with 2 slides? I mean mainly the chassis problems if any.

Jerry