Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shopping for a Prevost

Default Shopping for a Prevost

Hi everyone, I am new to the site. I am Presently a 06 Country Coach Intrigue owner, but looking hard for a 2003 or So Prevost, miles up to 150k if taken care of.

The question I have is, what are the Pros and cons in comparing an H3-45 to an XL II?
    I like both, which is better?

I know that's a BIG question, but I'm interested in any advice.

thank you

Jerry & Gayle

Jerry, If you look back on archived posts on the forum these differences have been pretty thouroughly discussed. Until the magnitude of the de-lam issues with the XL11's became known, the preferences mainly ran the gamut of asthetics, basement storage, split floor and overall height. Mechanically and converter specific systems they are the same.
    Corey Grubb & George Prentice
    1999 H3-45 Vantare
    Will & Grace-fierce felines
    Cedar Hammock, FL.

The road goes on forever
    and the party never ends

Jerry,

You should get several different opinions on this question. Some like the XL II better because it has the stainless and is not as large as the H3. The H3 has more storage room in the basement than any of the other buses. Some don't like the split levels of the driver and passenger seats in the H3, some do like it. With everything else being equal, the H3 probably will always weigh more than the XL. In the end, it is going to be which one you really like the best.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Hi Jerry. I always wanted the Stainless. Its an addiction.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Jerry, Here is one link that discusses some of the differences including one owner that has owned all 3 Prevosts. http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/...ght=comparison
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Ok, after reading those articles, would you pass on an XLII because of delamination issues, or does that only involve certain year models?

Jerry

Jerry, As much as we like the looks of the XL11, We would not buy one unless it a documented latest repair by Prevost (i.e. rivets and cover strip). Even if Prevost eats the panel repairs on a second or third owner coach, the owner will be responsible for the re-paint (15k-30k). Just our opinion, but we'll hang onto our rivets until we find the H we want
    1999 H3-45 Vantare
    Cedar Hammock, FL.

The road goes on forever
    and the party never ends

Good point about the delamination thing you'll never recover your paint cost and no help from prevost. Your XLII has lost tons of value because of the delamination

When we say we're looking for the right H, we are not ruling out the right XL11 either. You can somewhat check the extent of de-lam by banging on the panels and listening for a hollow sound. You can then take the costs of repairs into the purchase price. I guess then the question becomes whether or not the current method of repair is the final answer. Not really wanting a Cruise-air or basement air H, kind of limits us to a '93 or newer Marathon or '95 or newer Millenium. We might take a chance on an XL11, but only at an extremely attractive price that allowed for a future repair.
    1999 H3-45 Vantare
    Cedar Hammock, FL.

The road goes on forever
    and the party never ends

OK, now you have brought up another question, the A/C, I was told by a friend of mine to find an H with over the road Bus air. Is that better than the roof airs, or cruise airs or what are thoughts on bus over the road air?

Looking
    Jerry