Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another Newbie needing advice from the experienced on buying an older bus.

Barney,

This is the best private sale 97 Liberty out there and owned by a POG member Jim.
    97 Liberty Elegant Lady

Joe,I never researched that far back but I think that it would be around 120-140 a year.

Barney, The only advise I have for you is do not buy an H model without OTR if you plan on using it in the southern states. An H can't be cooled without OTR ... just my 2 cents worth. Good luck shopping.... you will know when you find the one that right for you !

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

Thanks Gil, I'm on it. It is indeed very nice. I knew including 1997's in my maybe range might be stretching it,
    But all I see is asking prices. I really don't have a feel for what fair market value is on these coaches.
    This one is darn close and I have tried to contact the seller, waiting on a return call.
    One thing I noticed is that they built a wall of mirrors and cabinets right over the windows in the bedroom.( behind head of bed)
    Do you see much of that? Seems odd to me.
    The education I got from you and others on OTR made me a believer of it's importance, and of coarse, this one doesn't have it.
    I'm wandering if I would hate my decision later, buying a coach without it. This one has lots of pros and only the one con of no OTR.
    What to do, what to do?????

Quote Originally Posted by Gil_J View Post
    Barny, I looked at the listing Corey referenced. Based on the listing data, pictures, age of high dollar routine maintenance items (batteries and tires), and asking price I would consider looking at this coach if in the market. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't have Prevost or Country Coach OTR air.

Barney, Mirrors are very common in Prevosts, and you will find many entire walls with mirrors. I had one bus without OTR air and one with Country Coach OTR air. Both my busses had an excellent dash air, and that is what I used 95% of the time. I ran my OTR only a few hours in the four years I owned it, but I did not do much traveling in the heat of the summer. If I found a bus that I really wanted and OTR air was the only con, I would buy it and the times I needed more cooling, I would run the generator and the house airs. I think I can accurately say that most Prevost RVs do not have Prevost OTR air, although it is nice to have. If you are traveling all the time in the heat, some form of OTR might be essential, although you should always have the option of running the house airs?
    Last edited by dale farley; 03-30-2013 at 05:22 PM.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Barney, have you looked at the '98 Royale on RVT from Lincolnshire, Ill ?
    Corey Grubb & George Prentice
    1999 H3-45 Vantare
    Will & Grace-fierce felines
    Cedar Hammock, FL.

The road goes on forever
    and the party never ends

Thanks, I had not seen this one. Not sure about a side aisle, but everything else is very close to our needs,wants and budget.
    I have left a message to find out more.

Regards,

Barney

Take a close look at the advantages of a side aisle. It's the floor plan that makes the most sense in a non-slide coach and for some unknown reason, fairly rare. Who really wants to look straight through the coach from either end. We looked long and hard to find the right side-aisle coach.
    Corey Grubb & George Prentice
    1999 H3-45 Vantare
    Will & Grace-fierce felines
    Cedar Hammock, FL.

The road goes on forever
    and the party never ends

I agree with Corey, we too have a side aisle non-slide coach and really like this design.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion