Thread: Possible New Toad

Default Possible New Toad

I am currently towing a 2003 Escalade 2wd , I have a drive shaft disconnect which works well ( I had it upgraded at Drive Shaft King in Dallas a few years ago)

I am looking at a 2008 or 2009 Avalance 4wd ? Any tips or ideas? I wonder if the baseplates on the Escalade will work on the Avalance? There was a site that dealt with used tow equipment but I cannot seem to remember it?

The Escalade has been a great toad but we want something that we can put a golf cart in and take with us.

Plus we need room for Caesar.......

Thanks for any input.

Jamie

Ps ..anyone interested in an 03 Escalade to tow ??
    2005 Marathon H3-45 # 0867

2013 Chevy Avalanche

http://www.hitchtrader.com/

see if that helps any

Thanks Joe

2013 Chevy Avalanche

Jamie,

Check the base plate manufacturers web site and see if both vehicles use the same part numbered base plates. Being 5 years newer and 4WD versus 2WD I wouldn't be too hopeful. I left my base plates on the 2011 Jeep I traded in for my 2012 Explorer but took off most of the Air Force equipment and transferred it.

There is another option that would let Ceasar keep his large space in the Escalade. There are trailers out there that swivel with the vehicle meaning one less pivot point. Other than the increased length, putting one of the behind the Escalade might be worth considering. Here's an example: http://www.smarttrailers.com/Toy_Hauler/

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Thanks Gil , I will look into that also.

2013 Chevy Avalanche

We've always towed jeeps but wanted something that would hold a golf cart, or bikes under cover, or whatever so needed something larger.Bought a '13 Avalanche and love it. Hauls like a 1/2 ton pickup but drives like a car and a twist of a dial and the drive shaft is in neutral. But better buy now because this is the last year they will make them.

Jamie,

Be sure if you are looking at the Avalanche that you can order it with the neutral transfer case switch. When I bought a 2012 Tahoe there were two transfer cases available. One that could be put in neutral and one that could not. I wouldn't be surprised if the Avalanche has the same two choices. It was tough to find a Tahoe with the neutral capability, but we did.

Loc

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston