I'm sure many of you had heard my prior rants on air conditioning service from Prevost in Mira Loma, and how even though I'd been back for the same repair several times, I continued to pay some sizable amount of the bill, like $1400 for Freon each of 4 times.

Today I have a much nicer report ...

When I returned from the ralleys at the end of October, I dropped the bus off for service (oil change, lube, generator service). I also mentioned that after a few days my AC had failed again (although not catastrophically) and I was (again) having problems with the "leans". It was so bad at one point I stopped the bus, and 5 minutes later it was on it's nose.

When I first went to pickup the bus 3-4 weeks later, I noticed the bus was still leaning, although they'd indicated they'd fixed two leaks in the rear. (I had told them the problem was front right). Anyway, speaking with Joe Gabele and bringing him up to date on prior services and explaining my feelings on the matter seemed to help. Joe got the bus back in the front of the line the next Monday (this was on a Saturday, he came out to meet me), and by Wednesday it seems they fixed it for good.

I was dreading getting the bill for this, as they did a bunch of A/C work again, along with several hours in locating the air leak (2 front bags up under the insulation). I figured that I was gonna get hit big time, again!

I was pleasantly surprised to find that I was charged only for the new work I'd requested, and the previously "fixed" AC and airbag issues were not charged to me.

I have to say that they won back a customer with this. So far the bus is staying up for over a week! I don't know about the AC, but I'm hopeful that it's fixed (again). But, I am extremely happy with their treatment this time.

I felt it only fair after mentioning poor service to do the same when I received good service. My thanks to Joe Gabele at Prevost Mira Loma. He seems to be a real straight shooter.