Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prevost Mira Loma did me right this time!

Default Prevost Mira Loma did me right this time!

I'm sure many of you had heard my prior rants on air conditioning service from Prevost in Mira Loma, and how even though I'd been back for the same repair several times, I continued to pay some sizable amount of the bill, like $1400 for Freon each of 4 times.

Today I have a much nicer report ...

When I returned from the ralleys at the end of October, I dropped the bus off for service (oil change, lube, generator service). I also mentioned that after a few days my AC had failed again (although not catastrophically) and I was (again) having problems with the "leans". It was so bad at one point I stopped the bus, and 5 minutes later it was on it's nose.

When I first went to pickup the bus 3-4 weeks later, I noticed the bus was still leaning, although they'd indicated they'd fixed two leaks in the rear. (I had told them the problem was front right). Anyway, speaking with Joe Gabele and bringing him up to date on prior services and explaining my feelings on the matter seemed to help. Joe got the bus back in the front of the line the next Monday (this was on a Saturday, he came out to meet me), and by Wednesday it seems they fixed it for good.

I was dreading getting the bill for this, as they did a bunch of A/C work again, along with several hours in locating the air leak (2 front bags up under the insulation). I figured that I was gonna get hit big time, again!

I was pleasantly surprised to find that I was charged only for the new work I'd requested, and the previously "fixed" AC and airbag issues were not charged to me.

I have to say that they won back a customer with this. So far the bus is staying up for over a week! I don't know about the AC, but I'm hopeful that it's fixed (again). But, I am extremely happy with their treatment this time.

I felt it only fair after mentioning poor service to do the same when I received good service. My thanks to Joe Gabele at Prevost Mira Loma. He seems to be a real straight shooter.

Default Good deal Ray

Glad to hear that ray. I have dealt with Joe as well. Seems like a good guy, but overworked.

He kept telling me he was going to call me back, and very rarely ever would. When I went over there, I kind of found out why. Every 30 seconds, someone is paging him.. Joe line1... Joe line 2.. Joe call holding on 3... It would make me crazy.

He indicated they were fixin to get him some help. I hope they do.

He does seem like a nice chap though.

I wonder Ray, if there is anyway to prevent Fishing expeditions like what happened to you with the A/C system and the constant recharging. I would hope Prevost would have a consceince and admit when they mis-diagnose.
    Being in theService Industry myself, I would feel very uneasy about recharging a customer for what was an obvious blunder on one of my men's work.
    I just feel like this could happen to any one of us. Good to hear they finally cut you a break. Gary
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Cool Mira Loma Service

I am a new owner with about two months and 5,000 miles on my seat. I stopped at Mira Loma to purchase two new windshield wipers and was very well treated. The counter service man got the part number and went to get my new wipers, in a few moments he return and said they were out of the wipers but did have refills.

I said that the refills would be fine and to order me some new blades. He gave me the refills, twice refused my money, offered to help me replace the blades and sent the new wipers to my house with in a couple days at a very reasonable price and freight free.

I used to own an American Tradition and Fleetwood treated me fine but not like Prevost.

Mike & Dee Clark
    01 XLII Prevost Royale

I wonder Ray, if there is anyway to prevent Fishing expeditions like what happened to you with the A/C system
    Gary, what Joe (and previously Nathan) told me is that the probably never should have ever accepted my coach for repair work on the AC anyway. They indicated that nationally around the Prevost facilities, that there is a rash of dramatic failures on Country Coach AC systems, and because it's not Prevost equipment, they don't really want to work on it, if they feel it cannot be properly fixed.

Granted, I believe some of my issues may have been started by previous owner putting something other than R12 in the system, and then Prevost re-introducing R12, but it's impossible to prove.

If it fails again, and I can't get it repaired, I'm going to replace all of the hoses, connectors and things that need to be changed, and make it a new system with R134 in it. They basically told me that this is what is needed to be done to make it work without issue. Bad news is that this is somewhere around $15k to have done! Yikes!

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

.Another new member! Welcome to the club Mikedee

I know one thing, after checking out the NOOB's avatar I'm not messin' with that guy on the forum.

Welcome to POG, Mikedee.

Mike

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Welcome to the Forum! And even more good news...some good treatment from Prevost! Hey, could this be...the Holiday Season?

lewpopp Guest

As per usual, I look at Ray's story a little different. I'm sure I don't have all of the facts, but, if you list on the left side of the ledger all of the charges that were made over the period of mistakes, and then list on the right what they supposively gave you, there is a humungus deficit that no one would like to handle. Now a little love from Prevost is supposed to heal everything? BULL !!! Spend 20 grand and accomplish nothing and then they give you approx a 5-10% forgiveness and we are all happy. BULL !!!

Lew

Welcome Mike and Dee, glad your on board and hope you can make POG3.