Thread: Annual License Fees

Default Annual License Fees

We live in Michigan and plan to go full timing. In Michigan our licence fee is by weight and costs $1,847.00 annually. Are there any states that are less expensive, specifically Florida,Texas or South Dakota?

John Lefere

Hey John,
    Going by memory, But my Florida tag runs around $150.00 if that much. I have my paperwork out in the bus but and I can get you an exact amount in a little bit......Scott

My Ms. tag is less than $75.
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

Hey John,
    Sorry I was way off, The Florida Tag fee for 2013 is $72.90.....Hope this helps you out....Scott

Check out http://www.bennettlawofficepc.com and or Call John Bennett 866 543 5803

Yes, FL is inexpensive annually. If you've owned your coach for more than 6 months FL does not charge a sales or use tax. The initial registration includes a one time tag purchase fee of $200.

Other things to consider. Make sure the state you choose doesn't have annualy inspection reqyuirements unless you want to plan your travels around those inspections. Check drivers license requirements; you may have to take a test! Carefully consider the risks of registering your cosch as a company coach. Many take this route eventhough I'd suggest there are some risks. In many states a commercially owned coach would require a CDL.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

If you register in Montana and your coach is ten years old or older you register one time for a permanent registration.

JIM

Im in Florida mine is about $75.00

Default $$$$$

John, don't know about today, but when we bought our coach from a Private Owner in Traverse City, Mi, he told us that the previoius year since he had only used the bus 2 or 3 times, that he just bought a 30day tag each time....