Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battery Restorer/Conditioner

I charged an old (5 years) 8D lead acid battery with a standard charger for 24 hours. Connected the battery tester for 10 seconds and voltage fell to about 10.8 volts. Placed the Charger/Desulphator on the battery for 48 hours and checked the voltage with the tester. After 10 seconds, it was about 12.2. Also tried on 2 other batteries. One improved significantly. The other was a "bad" battery that drops to almost 0 volts when tested, so I don't think there is any hope for it. The unit did appear to make adifference on 2 of the 3 batteries compared to using a regular charger.
    Last edited by dale farley; 03-14-2013 at 01:03 PM.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Bump this thread, Any new info on Your use Dale ? Nick Hessler recommends these in all applications. And Liam said " Nick showed Him how to isolate when equalizing " With the high voltage of equalizing, i can see why Gil is not a fan. Liam , Do You have any updates ?

Rocky,
    All I can say is that I am still using the two units that I purchased in 2013. I use them on lead acid batteries and have had excellent luck with them. I keep one on a car that I only drive once every month or so. The other one I use on my tractors. I can't verify how effective they have been overall, but I have seen no disadvantage to them.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!