Thread: Carnival Triumph -- On Second Thought Maybe Not ..................................

Default Carnival Triumph -- On Second Thought Maybe Not ..................................

Carnival Triumph -- On Second Thought Maybe Not ..................................

http://www.nbcnews.com/travel/snappe...imps-1B8325828
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carnivaltrium.png 
Views:	139 
Size:	461.8 KB 
ID:	10718  

2005 Marathon H3-45 # 0867

2013 Chevy Avalanche

I wonder if the tickets will be really cheap on the first few cruises after the clean up?

My son said yesterday, "A list of usually great jobs that he wouldn't want today: CEO Carnival Cruise Lines, Marketing Director Carnival Cruise Lines, Sales for Carnival Cruise Lines." You get the picture.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

I wonder if they will adjust graphics on the boat or change its name before it sets sail again.
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

Its kind of like your RV Toilet stops working times 6000.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

As they say, shit happens. What's inexcusable is the time it took to dispatch sea going tugs, their decision not to go to the nearest port, and their indecision in not airlifting a field kitchen and food. It must be expensive to bring a ship into Mexico. This is the second cruise ship in distress that opted not to go into Mexico.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

In all seriousness, I am stunned at the lack of redundant systems and the apparent interdependency on critical systems.

What kind of business continuity/disaster recovery plan does Carnival have? I've worked for now three FDIC insured banks and we are required to have and regularly test our business continuity plans that include "events" on the magnitude that this cruise ship experienced.

On another forum I participate in, a number of the members asked why large generators weren't airlifted to the ship and plugged into the electrical system.

Expect Congressional hearings.

Dick,

There's a reason all of these ships are registered outside the US. It's not just for reduced taxes...

Airlifting a generator of the size needed may be tough, the bigger problem may be they switch gear was part of what was burned. Still, some level of survivabilty should be in a ship carrying so many passengers. Can you imagine what the dead in the water ride would have been like in 15-20 feet seas?

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion