Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FMCA - Michelin Advantage tire purchase program. An Update

I bought eight Michelins in June through the FMCA program at Les Schwab Tires here in Reno. They cover the Northwest. No problems at all. Very helpfull and a few hundred dollars for mounting.

Yes I have sold some and I think that $100 is the maximum that you can get for them,the 365 have zero value.

Do many owner's carry spare rubber with them?

Are any of the wheels the same so can be rotated or swapped around?

Barney,

Very few carry a spare. They take up a lot of space, cost a lot of money and the time clock keeps on ticking even though mileage is not accumulated. Even though flats do happen, the odds are in our favor.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Coaches that have 365s on the steer and tag the tag tires and wheel will fit on the steer and you can mount a 315 on the tag to get moving again.

The 315's are pretty much available in many places thru out the country. Not necessarily in Michelins exclusively. The 365's are the issue.
    It would be great to know where in the different states these are stocked. Also, Your not always going to get tires with current dates .
    Even after making an appointment for new tires at Prevost, they only had tires with date codes 2 or 3 years old.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

So what did u do Gary go elsewhere make them reorder or bite the bullet

We were told by one of the major tire manufacturers at one of the POG Rallies that the clock didn't actually start ticking until the tires were mounted if they had been stored in a somewhat dark warehouse. I don't remember if they said it had to be climate controlled?
    Last edited by dale farley; 04-22-2013 at 08:46 AM.
    Dale & Paulette

That is a partial truth. The actual criteria is the tires are warranted six years from time of mounting. The total life of the tire however under all circumstances is 10 years from the date code. After six years there is no warranty, but with regular inspections the tires can be used according to both Goodyear and Michelin unless or until cracking of the sidewalls exceeds a certain criteria. Owners can extend the life of their tires by storing them as the warehouses do by removing weight from them when the bus is parked.

So your partial truth suggests the clock is not ticking, but in fact it starts the moment the date code is applied.

I agree. More excellent points. In no way am I implying that my one statement was the whole story about tire life. I stated in a post yesterday, one of the disadvantages of carrying a spare was that the clock keeps on ticking regardless as to whether you use the tire or not.
    Last edited by dale farley; 04-23-2013 at 10:44 AM.
    Dale & Paulette