Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: FMCA - Michelin Advantage tire purchase program. An Update

Use TCI, they don't mind RVs.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Gil_J View Post
    For anyone about to replace all of your tires, you might want to consider super singles rather than duals on tge drive axle. Everything I've read says they are the way to go. They are cheaper, more fuel efficient, and look great. Yes, you will have to buy new wheels the first time but even that cost should make the switch price competitive. There's surely a market for tge take off wheels to offset the new wheel expense.

Something to think about,
    Super singles, or "highway singles," are prohibited in Nevada and I'm thinking Vermont.

Do the states give a reason for banning the singles?
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

David,

Can you point us to a reference? I didn't find anything in a quick search. Some national carriers have already made switch. I bet they will be disappointed to find their DOT approved tires can't be used in a state they travel through. FWIW,a NM motor carrier law enforcement supervisor told me highway singles are being more widely with the passing of time.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

I could not believe it. I heard about the FMCA discount. My prices quoted were all about $10k. With the FMCA, it was $6k - HUGE DISCOUNT!!!

This is the best deal going and some people complain about the cost to join FMCA.

Ditto that, just used The FMCA program, worked great, saved hundreds per tire! Local dealer handled with no problem. The dealer said he didn't make much, but liked the order showing up on his total sales with Michelin.