Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wrist pin problems...

Just Plain Jeff Guest

I spend a fair amount of net time probing around for more data on the Series 60 with no positive results. There are two people at Prevost that may be able to help you. One is Bill Jensen and the other is Randy Costello. Last I knew Randy was in Nashville and Bill has been floating around, but you could track him down from the main PCC 800 phone number in Quebec.

I was going to write something here in French, but I get criticized for doing that.

Jeff Bayley Guest

Default Impass on defect documentation

I just got off the phone with D.D customer support for series 60's. The guy did several searches for service bulletins on the problem with no results. He said there were several different forms that these bullentins may have been in including parts memo's etc and he couldn't find anything. He logged onto the dealer portion of the DD site and searched that. I guess I'm at an impass for collecting any documentation thereore. Any other possible sollutions that I'm overlooking ?

Jeff. This might be a stretch, but was there a class action suit filed against Detroit, or an official recall or letter Detroit sent out at some point identifying the engine with serial #, etc. or years. Gary
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

I suspect that part of the run around is because of how this was handled at the time. I am going by my not so great memory here, but as I remember the problem was a piston supplier defect, and rather than do a recall or some form of one time inspection of all engines, DD just paid for the repair or replacement of any engine that failed as a result of the piston issue.

I saw one that was ready for return to DD, and the block was so badly damaged the truck it came out of got a new engine. Both the parts man and the mechanic were very open in discussing that DD was picking up the cost, and about the cause of the engine failure. I'm sure there is some paper work out there that covers this because the typical DD shoip is not going to replace engines for free if it was a manufacturing defect. Some documentation is available, but it will take some digging because this is a seven to ten year old issue.