Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CDL Class B

Hybrid View

Montell, Texas....40 miles north of Uvalde which is 80 miles west of San Antonio

Default CDL Class B

Just curious.....how many of you have a Class B CDL?

Quote Originally Posted by wayne View Post
    Just curious.....how many of you have a Class B CDL?
    I do. It is a class B, but not a CDL.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Brewer View Post
    I do. It is a class B, but not a CDL.
    Ditto for me too.
    2008 Marathon XLII #1112
    Jeep Grand Cherokee

I have a Class A CDL.

Same here, both of us have a class B, but not a CDL.

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

I have a class B. In Texas, 26,000 lbs is the point where a class B is required. The gray area comes into play with an RV, where the requirement is questionable.. some say it is required, some say it is not. I felt why take the chance, and got the class B. I did not want to be involved in an accident, and have some ambulance chaser bring a law suit saying I was not qualified to operate the vehicle.

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

A class B is not required in VA or Fl.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

I have a clas A

In North Carolina you need one so I took the test this past spring. It was fine. I actually am glad I read the booklet. It contained some useful information unlike the regular driving test booklet.

Montell, Texas....40 miles north of Uvalde which is 80 miles west of San Antonio

Thanks everyone for your comments...reason we asked is because we were involved in an accident yesterday....not our fault, and a few hours afterwards the state trooper from the scene of the accident called to tell us that he would be issuing Wayne a ticket for not having a Class B. Since then we have been online and it has become very clear that we should have a Class B license.
    We were driving from our home to Pipe Creek to have a few things fixed....first on the list was to replace the inop micro/convection. While en route and traveling 30 mph through Bandera, 11 miles from Pipe Creek, a small pickup traveling in the opposite direction, very quickly crossed the center line, striking us on the left front corner of the bus and scraping the entire length of the drivers side, puncturing the drive axle tire. Wayne immediately pulled over and watched in his side view mirror as the driver continued down the road. After we got outside we could see the pickup on the right shoulder about 1/4 mile down the road.....he had 2 flat tires. He later told the state trooper that he was looking at his cell phone when he crossed the center line.
    Thankfully the pickup is owned by a local pool business and they are insured.
    A local tire shop came and removed the blown tire and we then slowly traveled the 11 mile distance without that tire.
    I can't help to wonder what might have happened if the driver struck a smaller vehicle instead of our bus. It could have been fatal.
    So thankful to have been in a Prevost!
    As we "speak", Wayne is studying for his Class B.