This is something that Texas Troopers are starting to learn. When I first learned of the law (about 7 years ago) I went to the local DPS office in Houston and spent 45 minutes talking to the desk help who said that I was wroing and that I didn't need anything more than a regular driver's license for a car or truck in Texas to drive my bus. A trooper came out of his office at the end of my discussion with the desk help and said that it was not necessary. I showed him the code. He went back to his office and after 15 minutes of reviewing information came back and said that I was right and that a non-commercial Class B license was required. He said he did not know that and that he bet that 95% of his fellow troopers did not know that. I got my license the next day. My concern was making sure that my insurance company was not able to deny a claim based on not having the correct legal license to operate the vehicle. I don't want to think about how a plaintiff's attorney might use the lack of a legal license. It is the 26,001 clause that gets the bus RV drivers in Texas.