Thread: solenoid looking for ideas

Default solenoid looking for ideas

i have a 2005 country coach converson with 2 prosine 3.0/24 inverters. couple a months ago one of the inverters burnt up at the same time it blew a 7.5 amp 12 volt fuse which goes to the master crestron panel which in turn go to the 200 amp 12 volt master soleniod. so i found a new inverter and installed everything seem to be fine. left for a trip and was in the coach on shore power and had been for several hours and heard a pop. after checking i found the inverter burnt up again with the 7.5 amp fuse blown again. i replaced the fuse so i could enable the crestron sys. now before replace the inverter again i have been trying to trace down what is causing the problem. the only thing i can find after going through all the trnsfer switches and etc looking for loose conections and so forth was that the solenoid seem awful hot and the fuse holder that house the fuse which blows everytime the inverter goes out was warm to the touch. any ideas or experence with this? i am wondering if the solenoid may need replacing and causing my problems. i would appreciate any ideas on this.
    thanks
    pat

There are many threads regarding malfunctioning Inverters. Just type in ' Inverter' in the Search box and you will see 5 or more pages of these. One of the things you need to check would be loose connections on your incoming wires from the batterries, thru the fused disconnect and onto the inverter. From your inverter to your 120 volt loads, was anything on at the time, it could be you overloaded the inverter and your 12 volt 200 amp fuse isn't seeing the overload. That may be why your solonoid is so hot.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

What actually failed on the inverters? The inverter, the charger...

The master 12V domestic power solenoid will often get warm. Not so warm that it can't be touched, but pretty warm. What's puzzling with the information provided is why a 7.5 amp fuse on the 12V system fails with the inverter failure.

Your inverters are 24V. How does your 24V battery bank provide 12V?

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Thanks guys for responding. 1st both times the inverter failed we were on shore power just lights tv and refrigerator. The solenoid is 24 volt my misprint. It is the diodes on the ac side of the inverters that keeps burning out. I have tried checking all my connections from the battery also on the ac side. The solenoid is hot to the touch would probably leave a burn if it was held also the 7.5 amp fuse holder is warm I don t think the heat on the solenoid is from the load cause the times I have checked its been on shore power. I am going to replace the fuse holder and thinking about replacing the solenoid just hate to spend the 330 if nothing is wrong with it. Any more ideas? Thanks pat

You can call Coachworks , who is one of our sponsors, they can diagnose the problem. If it s on the alternating current side, two issues come to mind; a. 120 volt power , current, feeding in to the inverter/charger to charge the batterries, and b. voltage too high or too low from shore power.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide