Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTOR COACH BARNS

LP gas heaters 2ea with thermo controlled fans, it gets cold here in the winter 0 or below several times heaters keep it at 55 even with those temps. We are usually at our place in Riverbend in the winter but this year will be an exception our 15 year old lab can't travel any more, so we will stay here on the mountain till the time comes. Gary

Gary, Thank you for the information. It certainly gives me much needed guidance. About 10 years ago we put up a 50X40 metal building that would have been perfect for our RV needs. At that time I had zero plans on ever purchasing an RV(Sometime I'll tell you our RV rental adventure that we thought permanently excluded us from the RV world. It is one of those stories that must be told in person). The only problem with our metal building is the height! It is a couple of feet too low and cannot be changed.

We love Southport but nothing beats the Pinehurst area. Most of the time they answer the phone at Pinehurst Resort with, "Welcome to Pinehurst where every day is Christmas."

I still get a monthly update on The Old North State,by my subscription to our state magazine, a class publication! Gary

Okay, I'm curious. There are a many metal building companies. What is a ball park cost to have a bus barn built?

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Very nice bus barn. Ours is a pole barn as well. Constructed by Mortan buildings to match our horse barn and arena. It measures 30' by 60' and has in floor heat. drain but no water or bathroom since it's just next door in the stall barn. Unfortunately it was considerably north of $30,000.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jamie Bradford; 11-23-2012 at 08:27 AM.

Bob I see you also have a 2005 Liberty H3-45 what is your coach number if I may Ask? Mine is 576 Gary

698A??? is only number I can see on the sales slip. Haven't gone out to check side of coach. Been " home bound " with awful case of bronchitis past three days. If this number doesn't make sense I'll go out and look at coach. Unfortunately the wind is 30 mph with wind chills in teens. ( ugh- time to head south ).

BOb, your barn is finished out much better than mine. A good looking coach barn! 30x60 seems to be a good size, Hope you get better soon If you were in this area a little shine would get rid of that pesky problem Gary

Coincidental timing on this thread as I am frantically trying to finish my bus barn before snow. We live in a farming community with 2-acre lots on the edges of farms so I wanted the barn to really fit in with the architecture of the the area. I also Googled a lot of bus barn pictures and most look really tall and skinny so we decided to add a section on one side for our cars. The asymmetric design is a lot like "crib sheds" which have room for a tractor in the tall part and corn storage in the smaller shed part. Someone in the next town had the Amish build a nice car barn that I liked so I re-used a lot of the design ideas. The first picture is the finished car barn in the next town. The second picture is the front view of my 90% finished Bus Barn. The next shot is the view from my house. The barn is a 16 x 50 Bus section and a 10 x 40 car section. To be historically correct, the front of the barn is 1 x 12 pine board and batten siding. The sides and rear are matching Hardie cement board and batten for low maintenance. The one visual trick I did was to disguise the fact that the entire front of the bus barn opens up with 14' tall double doors hinged at the side posts. The white trimmed doors a fake applied trim. I notched the battens which run over the real hinges to further hide the hinges. You can see that in the last photo. I will apply one more batten nailed only on one side of the remaining seam you see, and the batten will open with the door and be a weather seal when it is closed. I need to fabricate the faux "ventilators" as the Amish call them (the louvered windows you see in the first picture). I have 50A service. Wanted but did not install a pit as I was advised the code inspectors go nuts about pits with Osha safety and hazardous waste type concerns. Plus, our whole neighborhood is a huge limestone ledge so you can't plant a tulip without dynamite it seems some days.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice job Liam. Very practical and fits in nicely with the landscape. Best of all, it will keep your CC out of the weather.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!