Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTOR COACH BARNS

Default MOTOR COACH BARNS

Well since there is not much going on, right now thought I would post some photo's of my pole barn I built for the bus. Did not spend a lot of bucks but it has heat, bathroom and other good things. How about the rest of you guys show us some photo's
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry show more bus than barn, oh well.

Looks like a nice barn Gary. I have a 50' barn with no bus. I also have no heat or air, so you are a long way ahead of me.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Gary,

I like it!

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

That's really nice Gary.... well done !!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Carmichael View Post
    Well since there is not much going on, right now thought I would post some photo's of my pole barn I built for the bus. Did not spend a lot of bucks but it has heat, bathroom and other good things. How about the rest of you guys show us some photo's

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD

Very Nice Gary. Beautiful Coach as well! Tell us some stats on the Barn. Width, height, length. Looks like an engineered Frame with Wood siding. Did you install a pit or do you have a ramp to get under the bus. Is the slab six inches or more. and so on.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Gary, love the barn. This is a very timely discussion since we are looking at buildings right now. Yesterday via e-mail came the first quote on a metal building. No sides, concrete footings, no concrete floor, and obviously no heating was estimated to cost $32,800! OUCH! Anyone have cost estimates of non-steel buildings?

Oh, by the way Gary, I noticed that you hail from SW Virginia, God's country. That may be so but we live in the sandhills area of eastern North Carolina. God may visit SW Virginia but he lives in our part of eastern North Carolina!

Otto

Otto, come on now! you know god is all knowing, and I think it might get a tad to hot for him down there, It's cooler here and he can look down on things so to speak, I just sold my house in Southport this spring. Now for barn spec's. I had a D-3 cat dozer and prepared the site myself, contractor did the rest with my help " a little " Slab 4000psi with wire and # 4 rebar, I have two floor drains, Installed a roll up door, Used sizzor truss so I could walk on top of bus with out bending or crawling, I used T-111 for the outside and strips every 16" to give it a barn look and on the side that you can't see in the photo's are two fake barn doors, 25yr metal roof grey, door is 14' with remote openers, building is 50' x 20' I can put the slides out inside with no problem getting around, 3" insulation, water and sewer and full hook ups outside for guest. The site was originally an old home site and I utilized the well and the septic tank. I have a iron removal unit on well 12 pm iron and a deionizer for spotless wash. Now all this was 28,500. I did have to pay for the roll up door which was 2400.00. Now if I had it to do over it would have been 30x60 with a pit! Construction was done in 2006, also the barn is heated, with three rows of lights one in the center of roof and the other two on the sides lighting is very good we had to play with this to get it just right. Time to construct one month

I forgot the slab is 6" and 8" at the entrance ramp setting on 6" of ABC compacted

Gary--What type of heating system do you have in the building?