Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Albuquerque / Danger

I had a similiar incident in Charlotte NC about 6-7 years ago. It was a Sunday morning about 8 oclock traveling on interstate through Charlotte. A car was on the on the acess road and it was traveling in the opposite direction. It had a high powered rifle out their car window and started shooting at us. Luckily the bus escaped with no damage but my truck and golf cart was shot up. I saw this happening and told my wife to get down, my son was in the back asleep. We pulled off at the next available place about a mile down the road and the car behind us pulled in as well as they saw it happen. We called the police but they did not even want to file a report. I spend hours on the phone trying to report this incident but they just really did not seem to care. Of course never heard another word about it.

This is just an observation: It seems that ONLY XLs or XL IIs are being targeted in this thread. Am I wrong? Has anyone with an H3 been shot at?

Could it be (and this is just a wild guess) only glitzy polished s.s. buses are being attacked?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Theres no use shooting the Ugly ones !!! .>)
    LOL .....
    Last edited by lbriant; 11-12-2012 at 11:28 PM.

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley
    One Chocalate Lab " Rooster " Our Baby !!!

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Sounds as though the tow car was the target, not the coach! I don't think, as bad as this incident was, is any more common than other incidents where destructive kids with nothing to do are causing. I can recall many like incidents seen on TV news that have happened in neighborhoods. Also, it happens to automobiles as well.

I also believe that many incidents of "Road Rage" are caused by drivers of RV's of all types by driving in the wrong lanes, blocking the flow of traffic, driving too slow or fast ect, give all of us a bad image.

I have seen many H3's I would give my right arm for!

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Good point Pete, the tow car was the target. It's ashame that kids resort to this type of activity.

I know that I have received the single finger salute several times while driving my coach; it can be something as simple as pulling out of an RV park and making a left turn across traffic lanes. People are really impatient. A 45' motorhome + a 17' tow car is around 60' long with the tow bar. It takes time to make the turn.

I guess in this instance, the blame should be put on the kids and not the type of bus. My bad!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Of coarse I was just joking about the H model, I just saw a chance to have some fun .) ( I thought I would get more Guff )
    And kids will be Kids, I never did anything wrong when I was Young
    As far as pissing anyone off people are pretty nice to me since I bought a Bus compared to our old 32 ft motorhome ?
    They just always seem to give me room and let me over,
    And I have my scooter and my jeep behind me thats over 70' probably, and of course on windy roads that pitch left and right with steep grades you will eventually be out of your lane a little or at least using all of it,
    But I don't think Kids carry fully auto pellet guns at night looking for bad drivers and they were the ones that could not keep there car in one lane sometimes using the shoulder and the next 2 lanes so Alcohol probably played a part !!
    in any case the statistics for that town are scary I just must have been the 17th Guy .)

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley

I just drove 13,000 miles, through 26 states and 3 Canadian provinces and can say almost all drivers were courteous. This includes driving through DC, Seattle, Chicago and several other large cities. There was the ice road trucker in Canada that must have a death wish, but that was an exception. If I were to rate the city with the most discourteous drivers the award would go to Dallas/Ft Worth--hands down winner. I'm not meaning to say all in the DFW area are bad drivers, but I can say driving through here allowed me to check my air horns to see if they worked. As it turned out they worked well many times.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Funny when I drove my first coach I was driving in the slow lane with the sales person about the speed limit on the interstate we had just crossed over a bridge I guess all the air horns I had ever seen was in trucks with a cord you pulled so I didn't know that the little button in the middle of the steering wheel even did anything?
    So I reached down on this Liberty Lady and pressed the center of the steering wheel Wow all 4 air horns went off and a small car that had just passed me in the fast lane swerved clear over on the shoulder and back across the other lane Yikes I scared the S*#* out of them and me too, Anyway, That just reminded me of that , Too Funny

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Gil, I will have to agree with you on the Dallas traffic. Somehow the drivers there missed the class on allowing someone to enter the freeway from the access road. Also the speed limit signs are totally disregarded. Want to be denied a lane change?....just turn on a turn indicator and watch the gap close at warp speed!
    EXCEPT FOR PATRICK AND SHERRY!

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

I've been through ABQ many times with rented RVs and with my 35' Airstream. No problems. Hope that now I own and travel in a Prevost the situation has not changed. We love the south west and can not believe that you have not just experienced a bunch of bad kids that do not represent the local population.