Thread: Albuquerque / Danger

Hybrid View

Incidences such as yours should be sent to FMCA so they can alert their members , Prevost Prouds , and Good Sams . These notices are sent out to all members in 50 states. Its no small thing and Albacurque will be on the recieving end of less revenue coming their way.
    Ive been very fortunate in the last 12 years of Travel, 7 years in my Prevost, I have had no major incidences of vandalism or theft.
    But there are many stories by fellow POG members as well as others.
    I would send a letter to the Albacurque Chamber of Commerce as well indicating the words out .
    If a Patrol Officer is aware of this , they should have more Patrols out there this time of year.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Default Look at these numbers 1 in 21 chance of being a victim ? Those are not good odd,s

http://www.areavibes.com/albuquerque-nm/crime/

Wow Scary !!!!! times are tough !!!
    I firmly believe one needs to depend on your second amendment rights and protect yourself and your family, Especially when traveling in places you are not familiar with,
    It is the best and cheapest insurance policy you can ever own if you are qualified and well trained,
    I would rather be Judged by 12 than carried by 6 ??????
    You need to know the Laws in the states you travel through,
    there is an app called legal heat that helps know your rights,

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley
    One Chocalate Lab " Rooster " Our Baby !!!

Larry those statistics are sobering to say the least, I have been to Albuquerque three times, and guess I have been lucky, I too have a CCP, and am very familiar with my carry gun, S&W 45 long colt, mountain gun. I also pray I never have to use it! I will not be stopping in that place again, Gary is right report it to FMCA, POG, PC, Good Sams!

Gary,
    It,s good you bought one of the cheapest and most important insurance policies made available to the to the US citizen<
    Anyone who thinks the police will always be just a phone call away to save them are just one of those statistics, I just lost some windows and I wouldn't shoot anyone over stealing from me its just money but If I feel my life or the lives of my family are in danger and there is no way out, may the good Lord forgive me ,,,,,,,
    Safe travels to you and yours !!!!!!!!!

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley

I've been through ABQ many times with rented RVs and with my 35' Airstream. No problems. Hope that now I own and travel in a Prevost the situation has not changed. We love the south west and can not believe that you have not just experienced a bunch of bad kids that do not represent the local population.

I had a similiar incident in Charlotte NC about 6-7 years ago. It was a Sunday morning about 8 oclock traveling on interstate through Charlotte. A car was on the on the acess road and it was traveling in the opposite direction. It had a high powered rifle out their car window and started shooting at us. Luckily the bus escaped with no damage but my truck and golf cart was shot up. I saw this happening and told my wife to get down, my son was in the back asleep. We pulled off at the next available place about a mile down the road and the car behind us pulled in as well as they saw it happen. We called the police but they did not even want to file a report. I spend hours on the phone trying to report this incident but they just really did not seem to care. Of course never heard another word about it.

This is just an observation: It seems that ONLY XLs or XL IIs are being targeted in this thread. Am I wrong? Has anyone with an H3 been shot at?

Could it be (and this is just a wild guess) only glitzy polished s.s. buses are being attacked?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Theres no use shooting the Ugly ones !!! .>)
    LOL .....
    Last edited by lbriant; 11-12-2012 at 11:28 PM.

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Sounds as though the tow car was the target, not the coach! I don't think, as bad as this incident was, is any more common than other incidents where destructive kids with nothing to do are causing. I can recall many like incidents seen on TV news that have happened in neighborhoods. Also, it happens to automobiles as well.

I also believe that many incidents of "Road Rage" are caused by drivers of RV's of all types by driving in the wrong lanes, blocking the flow of traffic, driving too slow or fast ect, give all of us a bad image.

I have seen many H3's I would give my right arm for!

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas