Thread: Air valve leak

Default Air valve leak

See attached, I ordered another one, but it will be a couple of weeks I stuck a plug in the hole to stop the leak but I'm not sure what this little gadget controls .. the lines on it are not marked. I've been through the bus testing air powered accessories and couldn't find anything that seemed to change function (checked the air-toilet twice to be sure)

Thoughts on what its for? Is it safe to leave it plugged for now?

LeakingPort.jpg

Sealy, Texas (50 miles west of Houston on I-10)

Doug, where is this located? If it is in the compartment below the driver seat, it may control the step slide, or the air ride seat. I know you said you checked all items. I don't think I would plug anything, because the an air leak to the environment usually indicates a failure of the module, diaphram ect. Try disconnecting the input line to the module (pressure side), then re-check to see what does not operate. OF COURSE, DO NOT DRIVE THE BUS WITH THIS DISCONNECTED UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT IT CONTROLS!

Pete & EJ Petree
    2001 Prevost Featherlite Vantare
    2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4
    Sealy, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Doug, where is this located? If it is in the compartment below the driver seat, it may control the step slide, or the air ride seat. I know you said you checked all items. I don't think I would plug anything, because the an air leak to the environment usually indicates a failure of the module, diaphram ect. Try disconnecting the input line to the module (pressure side), then re-check to see what does not operate. OF COURSE, DO NOT DRIVE THE BUS WITH THIS DISCONNECTED UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT IT CONTROLS!

It is located below the drivers seat .. I pulled the control leads off of it and still haven't figured out what the dang thing is for .. I'm going to hook the wire screamer up this afternoon and start walking panels hopeing to hear something near something ..

Thanks!

Doug, did you disconnect the AIR LINE INPUT.....the black tubing? Then plug the disconnected tubing line, then see what does not work. Sorry if I did not communicate properly.
    Pete

Pete & EJ Petree
    Sealy, Texas

Looks like its the step-cover control ... Found it by tracing the wires back to the switch itself..

It is also adjustable so you can adjust the speed of the step cover. Also FYI that step cover can be dangerous if activated while standing on the steps. One of our members spent several days in the hospital after being tripped when it closed against his legs. Another members dogs tail hit the switch closing the step cover on his legs.
    Glad you traced it down!
    Pete

Pete & EJ Petree
    Sealy, Texas