Thread: Tracstar Sat Dish

Threaded View

Wink Tracstar Sat Dish

I have been getting some schooling on my Tracstar sat dish,
    When it came back from the shop for another reason several hundred miles down the road I turned on my Direct TV and the display on my Tracstar said,
    (Powering up Please wait) I found out that means No TV in laymen's terms
    so i had a tech on the phone I was checking for 75 ohms and 24 volts etc etc eventually i ended up at the part where you take the dome off the dish, then i ran a couple more quick test, to no avail, all the juice is getting there ? Now the tech said it starts to get expensive so I ordered the Black box and the other 2 circuit Board and they gyro board, it will be here UPS red saturday, The good part is what ever i don't need out of the $1,100 dollars of parts I can send back no matter what ? Usually electronics can not be returned ? The techs there are really nice and very helpful,
    So we will see what Saturday brings,
    Sometimes it seems like if I am not in a compartment somewhere all day I'm on top of the bus ? Retirement it Aint for the Weak,
    Any way if all goes well I will be an expert in the field soon .)
    Jack of all trades master of none
    Last edited by lbriant; 11-02-2012 at 09:59 PM.

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley
    One Chocalate Lab " Rooster " Our Baby !!!