Thread: TV Lift Mechanism

Default TV Lift Mechanism

Does anyone have experience with TV lift mechanisms? I'm in the early stages of planning a side cabinet to house the TV and will need to install it on a lift. The ones I've found are expensive, so I'd like to go with one that has worked well for someone else.

Thanks,

Gil

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Gil,
    Make sure you engineer some sort of a manual release. Our coach of 2 coaches ago, a 2002 Marathon XLII single slide had the swing down Runco plasma. Locked itself in the ceiling twice, which required a trip to Coburg and Dallas each. There was no manual unlocking capability, and we had to take time and fuel to get it released. Stupid design anyways, whats wrong with a fixed TV, its always there to watch when you want. We offed the 2002 coach, and went back to a 2000 H3-45, and now a 40ft XL, and the TV's don't move, and we don't have to travel for a fix. IMHO
    Jim and Chris
    2001 Featherlite Vogue XLV 2 slide with Rivets-current coach, 1999 shell
    Previous 22 years,
    We have owned every kind of Prevost shell but an H3-40

We've seen several Hoffman Conversions (out of Pennsylvania) that had lift mech and to my knowledge they were strictly spring activated. None were the ceiling type that retract...

My TV goes into the ceiling too! had a leak on one of the cylinders and had to replace both, strong little suckers, never had on stick in place.

My intent is to have the TV in a cabinet on the pasenger side wall centered at about 3-4 feet behind the passenger's front seat. When it's going to be viewed it will cover part of the side windows, so I don't want it in a fixed position. I was going to redesign the area over the front windshields to support a 40" TV, but my wife fell in love with a dual recliner sofa that is now behind the Driver's seat. So, the best TV viewing would be directly in front of the sofa.

So, far everone I've found on the web is electric in in the $800+ price range. That seems extreme, but having not seen one in person I can't really judge how elaborate they are. An all spring one might work. I have to tell you I can't quite visualize how a spring one would work. I'll keep searching.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Gil,

Did you ever solve your TV mounting problem?
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!