Thread: Tracstar Sat Dish

Wink Tracstar Sat Dish

I have been getting some schooling on my Tracstar sat dish,
    When it came back from the shop for another reason several hundred miles down the road I turned on my Direct TV and the display on my Tracstar said,
    (Powering up Please wait) I found out that means No TV in laymen's terms
    so i had a tech on the phone I was checking for 75 ohms and 24 volts etc etc eventually i ended up at the part where you take the dome off the dish, then i ran a couple more quick test, to no avail, all the juice is getting there ? Now the tech said it starts to get expensive so I ordered the Black box and the other 2 circuit Board and they gyro board, it will be here UPS red saturday, The good part is what ever i don't need out of the $1,100 dollars of parts I can send back no matter what ? Usually electronics can not be returned ? The techs there are really nice and very helpful,
    So we will see what Saturday brings,
    Sometimes it seems like if I am not in a compartment somewhere all day I'm on top of the bus ? Retirement it Aint for the Weak,
    Any way if all goes well I will be an expert in the field soon .)
    Jack of all trades master of none
    Last edited by lbriant; 11-02-2012 at 09:59 PM.

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley
    One Chocalate Lab " Rooster " Our Baby !!!

Hi Larry,

Same thing happened to me last year - I have a 2000 Country Coach so should be the same dish? - They sent me the parts and it turned out to just be the LNB ( cheapest part )

I got that changed out & everything worked great. They took back all the other parts - they are Really Great to Work With!!!

Please let us know what you find out.................

Jamie
    2005 Marathon H3-45 # 0867

2013 Chevy Avalanche

I have aways had MOTOSAT on all my coaches not in motion buy auto set up and have not had a problum with any in over 10 years also has a little blue light to help me find my bus at night.

Well they are not open to call today but I installed the Gyro box and the little black box where the 24 volt comes in and the other board they gave me for the main box,
    It still says powering up Please wait but it is searching and spinning all over That is some headway because before it was dead,
    But for now I just shut off the breaker until monday so it won't keep looking around, Darn I thought I had it,
    So more to come on this saga .)

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley

I had turned it off to quick after installing the new Boards, When we arrived in Lake Havasu City a friend of mine that brokers Super Yachts had his bus here and is an electrical whiz he had me power it up, we still couldn't figure it out everything checked out ok, I forgot and left it on after an hour or so when we came back in the TV was on It must have just taken a long time to reprogram itself !!! he had a much smaller unit on his coach that they use on Boats allot he said they were very good quality HD and cheaper if I had to replace my Tracstar, Which I don't know at the present time,,,,

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley