Thread: '92 CC Plumbing Q2 - Orphan Connection

Default '92 CC Plumbing Q2 - Orphan Connection

In the process of diagnosing my main problem, (see Q1) I discovered a water connection that leads no where. It is just a dead connection on the water tank trim cover. there are no un-connected hoses on the inside. Really appreciate it if someone can look at the attached photo and give me some info on where this feed should connect. It sounds like this is a connection that should feed water into the grey or black holding tanks to flush them out????

Sewer Flusher.jpg

Liam,

This should be a connection point to the black water clean-out sprayer. Look at the black water tank, surely the clean-out fitting is still in place. On my 99, it's located on the curb side high on the tank behind an inverter. Yes, this is the opposite side of the coach as the hose fitting you pictured.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Liam, As we have similar year coachs, I can say with some experience, your's has been modified.

the rinse port your picturing above is the black water tank rinse input. Should run to a small sprayer on the top of the black tank. Some one must have felt the need to disconnect it as the spray head often gets clogged with paper and stops working. I cannot see the rinse head on my tank, but I know its there. It was working up until about two years ago, when mine clogged up. I understand from Jim Keller, the way to clear it is to fill the black tank with rinse water to the top, drive around a bit to move the water, then drain it and try to clearn the rinse nozzel with water pressure. I've not tried that, yet!

Our coach has the same regulator as yours with a check valve well past the T fitting to the system and the fill valve. That means when we disconnect the city water hose feed, we get a burst of about a pint of water out of the system (that which is between the hose and the check valve). We have two 12 volt pumps in ours, both have direct feeds from the fresh water tank and they feed into a T system feeding the balance of the coach system. Way to tight a location to get a valid picture, so I wont even try. We also have "T'd" into the system a pressure switch which turns on the two pumps when the pressure drops to 40 lbs and turns it off at 55, a simple water filter, a small pressure tank behind the water heaters and a pressure guage. I've changed a lot of these items over the years and found most of them at Lowes or a plumbing supply house. The presure gauge was a bit of stretch as I had issues finding one that would mount in the hole provided for it.

Really helpful answers. Given how impossible it is to see, I wonder if there is an easy way to determine if there is a check valve I just can't see. I guess I could remove the plug and pressurize the system an see if water flows back at me!

Still love to hear from anyone with part numbers on a regulator and check valve.