Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roof Air Heat Strip / Heat Pump

Am I the only one that went with Gilbert and was written with National Interstate?
    I really liked them because they covered everything without any argument but I wish the would go to bat for me now ?
    I will talk with them again when I get out from behind the wheel ,,,
    Maybe on a stop on Monday somewhere around Texas or New Mexico I hope,,,,,,,,
    Last edited by lbriant; 11-04-2012 at 08:45 AM. Reason: wrong word

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley
    One Chocalate Lab " Rooster " Our Baby !!!

I belive the insurance co. is good you just picked a shotty shop . May be they should not of been paid till you were happy . I dont know were you were but in Fl you can pay the clerk of the court in the county of the shop plus ten dollars over the repair bill , than they will issue an order to release your vehical and than if they dont release it to you at once a judge will issue an order , most often the same day and than the shop will rerlease it or be arrested than it has 30 days to answer your complaint to the decresion of a judge or you get all your money back aside from the ten bucks. Dosent fix the mess but now you have funds to fix right. If the ins co made the check in thier name ill say they need to stand up for you its not your fault they paid for some thing you did not want there job is to pay to repair to your satifaction or as it was before . Good luck im sure the problub will be resolved ,, SHOTTY WORK AND A FIRE ABOUT 2 1/2 FOOT HIGH BOTH BURN MY ASS

Cool

I don't understand how the Insurance co can say they are "DONE". In my opinion they would only be "DONE" if they had written a check for a settlement amount, payable to you. By them paying the "SHODDY SHOP " they in effect said we will get the repairs done to your satisfaction. That apparently is not the case.
    GET A LAWYER, you need one.

You have not yet spoken to the correct person.

just sayin, JIM

Who was the check wrote to? I think that is important, if you paid them i belive you are on your owne.

I am with Gilbert and have been for many years, When I sold my house in N.C. and moved to Virginia they switched me to Nationwide. I have not had any problems. They paid a claim in 2006 for vandalism, The coach was on the dealers lot that was selling the coach. I found out that when your coach is on someones lot for sale your Ins is responsible for all claims, even if something happened during a test drive. Some Ins companies offer this Insurance but not many. When putting your coach on someones lot for sale check to see if you can get consignment Ins, if not beware!

I agree with Jim Chaloupka. Also, you are in a better position if the insurance company directed you to a repair facility as opposed to a facility of your choice.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Larry,
    From my view, the check for the repairs had to be sent to the lien holder (if any lien existed) and or to a combination of the lien holder and the borrower. If the payment was sent to any other entity (the repair shop), that entity had to be named in an agreement of some record. Surely, that areement would set forth a PROCESS OF APPROVAL AND RELEASE OF PAYMENT for you to direct the insurance company to fund the agreed to expenses. The insurance company can not pay without some due process involving you either initially or after work is complete. For example, an estimate of work to be done was submitted to the insurance company. In that estimate, the repair facility has to demonstrate what they will do and the charges for the work. If it is not done according to the agreement, they in violation of the terms of the agreement. Did you assign the payment directly to the repair shop? There is a supplemental claim here... the insurance company cannot simply walk away.... Something is missing here.... With all due respect, I would get a lawyer in a "New York minute" ...and that is fast.
    Sorry for the travails,
    Pres

Reagan,
    I have no Lien holder we own our Baby,
    A lien holder might have even given me an edge here?
    National Interstate paid the shop I didn't want to have all the checks written to me and then write them back out to the Shop,
    I am trying to construct an appropriate E-mail to the shop now, I hate to get a lawyer involved my good friend is one of the best in Iowa he said it would fall under Minnesota law and it could cost upwards of $30,000 to drag one of these cases out?
    Others have said it would be cheaper for me to just go to a better shop and have it Re-Done ?
    I just feel that it is just like insurance fraud for them to do so much damage to our bus and admittedly not fix the original problem they were addressing of the ceiling bagging down over the slide from water damage,
    If a Bank held my Note they would definitely want it fixed back to factory specs by the insurance company ??
    I appreciate all the comments and help I am still deciding my next move?
    Any Minnesota Lawyers in the POG community ???
    Sorry I have been off line a few days just getting settled in lake Havasu City AZ.
    And to top that off when driving trough Albuquerque NM, headed west on I-40 While dropping down that huge grade just into town a small car was back hanging out around out 2012 jeep Rubicon, it was real dark and hardly any traffic They passed on the slow side and dropped back in the fast lane weaving all over, then they dropped back out of sight,
    We had to stop at the Flying J there in town and found they had shot up both sides of the Jeep a hole every 2" like a fully auto hi powered Pellet gun all through the soft top, blew all the side windows out and a few 1/8 " dents in the window posts shot through into the front 2 inside door panels ? I would have not known where it happened if I had not have stopped for fuel,
    I turned in a police report he said Drunk kids do it to snow birds for fun, Thank the Lord they didn't hit the Bus or the Harley,
    They just do the Toad because then you don't even know they did it, and may travel several hundred miles without even knowing?
    Just a heads up to anyone driving through there even on I-40 the Police told me its best to get back in the bus and keep driving West it was not safe there ????
    Ya Think ??

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley

I had a similiar incident in Charlotte NC about 6-7 years ago. It was a Sunday morning about 8 oclock traveling on interstate through Charlotte. A car was on the on the acess road and it was traveling in the opposite direction. It had a high powered rifle out their car window and started shooting at us. Luckily the bus escaped with no damage but my truck and golf cart was shot up. I saw this happening and told my wife to get down, my son was in the back asleep. We pulled off at the next available place about a mile down the road and the car behind us pulled in as well as they saw it happen. We called the police but they did not even want to file a report. I spend hours on the phone trying to report this incident but they just really did not seem to care. Of course never heard another word about it.

Sammie,
    Thank God you and your family were not hurt, yikes by the looks of mine it was just a hi powered auto pellet gun but they now shoot 100 ft per second,, that will go right through a piece of plywood, I am not sure why they would even make a fully auto pellet gun? they could be fatal if you were hit right especially if you were hit 100 times in a few seconds?
    as for what yo went through thats scary and it was in a bad area Like my experience the police and town already know the are out of control,
    The Lord was with you that day, Safe travels !!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by lbriant; 11-13-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley