Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roof Air Heat Strip / Heat Pump

Wow Ben Thanks real good info,
    My insurance company just paid out around $30,000 to get my Coach repaired from some storm damage it received some water damage from water on the drivers side of the living room ceiling and some of the window treatments the color of the window treatments could not be matched so they replaced them all with our choice,
    I will just say the inside and Body work was done a little farther north but the awnings and air unit was done up at Conrad Clements place,
    When I dropped the bus off the end of April and just received it back last friday, It was dark when I picked it up,
    The next day when the light hit the inside it was a disaster there was clear adhesive or silicone that had run down the walls 2" to 3" and looks like they had glue or adhesive on there hands, the suede has allot of hand prints that look like a cheese grater was run over it and allot of dirty hand marks and grease spots where the were trying to work the ceiling back up there, I am just sick over it, We are already one month behind from getting down south I had planned on going to the rally in Vegas,
    I did notice at Featherlight before leaving the ceiling was bagged down right over the slide and had it photographed there,
    I called the "" company who did the inside and the body work and they said they couldn't believe it but just bring it back up there next year when I get back and they would fix it? They had it for 5 1/2 months ?
    Then when I returned home the inside of the coach looked worse than it did when I dropped it off, I am not sure how to handle this ? I sent them Pictures and they said the coach never left there in that condition but they would fix it all next year for me?
    Somehow I am not relived !! I am not sure what my options are I have it all filmed and narrated on HD video the day after I picked it up and already contacted my insurance company?
    I just want my coach back to normal again? I maybe need to have someone else look at it to see the extent of the damage?
    I am Sick Sick Sick My Wife cried over it !!
    We are headed for Lake Havasu AZ for the winter right now ????
    Any thoughts on that anyone ????????????????

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley
    One Chocalate Lab " Rooster " Our Baby !!!

Montell, Texas....40 miles north of Uvalde which is 80 miles west of San Antonio

Larry & Nancy.....unfortunately we have no input to offer as to how to deal with this unfortunate, heartbreaking situation.
    We just wanted to tell you that we feel for you and are so sorry you and your beautiful bus have been so mistreated.
    Please know you will remain in our thoughts and please keep us all posted as to how this situation plays out.

Larry, what kind of storm were you in. Were you in the coach at the time, anyone hurt? Gary

Here's the thing about poor workmanship, never take it back to them. Find someone else who comes highy recommended and have them do the repairs. Sent the bill to your insurance company and let them negotiate the issue with the offending company.
    Its been said many times on this site. Never leave your coach . Keep a constant eye on the people who are doing the work. If thats not possible, make unscheduled trips to watch the progress, or find a trusted friend to check in on the work.
    Sometimes the more trusting you are, the less service you will recieve.
    Also, your insurance company should have watched these guys to make sure they werent robbing them blind.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Yes Gary we were in the coach we had 75 mph straight winds hitting from the drivers back side at an angle,
    Never seen the Bus rock before until then we were crouched down by the bed in the back, No one hurt just some awning ,Body and water Damage,
    Thanks for asking,

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley

Gary,
    Well this was my first experience with getting any major work done, I am insured through Gilbert who wrote me through National Interstate, They paid out somewhere between $30 to $40,000 But when I called them and sent them the pictures they said that it was out of there hands they just payed the bill ? I really thought they would have went to Bat for me or us ?
    Anyway the Company (Which I won't Mention) that did all the work said the coach was perfect when it left there but next year when I returned home they would make it right ? But I figure if they could not get it right in 6 months why could they next year ?
    it is about a 5 hr trip for me I checked on it once after about three months but they had done nothing yet,
    Insurance said they would not cover another dime ? so I am not sure of my options, it would fall under Minnesota law, If I had to get pushed to that ? Which I really just want Our bus fixed,,,,,,,,
    I would think that would be insurance fraud ? they even went as far as to say maybe it was Vandalism, Like someone broke in and pumped adhesive all around the ceiling they replaced and then put there hand prints all over just that side?
    maybe I should have turned it back into insurance as vandalism then they would have investigated it I bet .)

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley

Who was the one that picked the repair facility you or the insurance company i hope it was the insurance company they have places called pro shops that they usuely want you to use because they know they are good and will waranty all work for life that is the insurance company will if you use there shop .

Before you get an attorney involved, I would send them a letter with dates, details, etc. , not accepting their offer but telling them you would get pricing from someone of your preference, and then send them the bill for re imbursement.
    If they were responsible for your property and the last ones to have possesion, they should pay . Let their insurance take care of it.
    Also, I would add that your a member of POG and positive and negative comments are a part of our memberships web site.
    Its hard to believe your insurance company would shell out that much money and not confirm they did what they said they would do.
    Yes, it could be considered fraud and a letter to the Insurance company by your attorney might get a more accountable response.
    Last edited by garyde; 11-02-2012 at 10:56 PM.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Repoer,
    I picked the shop but I live in Iowa and had outside awning damage and a damaged air conditioner that was letting water pour in so I was trying to find somewhere to limp in without driving to the east coast or florida, I think I would trust Pantarra coach I have been there before they even install slides from scratch, there in Angola Indiana,
    I took it to Featherlight in Stewartville MN and they referred me to the other place for my body and interior work,
    I figured if they worked with them they must have been alright???
    Shame on me !!!

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley

I called and e mailed the company and copied the insurance company, and sent them both pics from my Nikon D-90
    The shop that pulled that half of the ceiling down and left glue 2' down my walls and all over that half of the suede says that it was pristine shape when they dropped it off at featherlight,
    Featherlight just worked on the outside awnings?
    anyway I have an HD Video camera and I shot every little spot right away,
    Its funny they won't take responsibility but they said they would re do it all next year when I get back,
    Now if they didn't do it why would they offer to fix it?
    Yikes I say man up and take the blame and lets get it corrected !!
    I am afraid after 6 months it will be old news and I will be stuck with it,
    Who does everyone else use for insurance ??
    Like I said I went through Gilbert and they wrote me through national Interstate ?

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley