Thread: Roof Air Heat Strip / Heat Pump

Hybrid View

I called and e mailed the company and copied the insurance company, and sent them both pics from my Nikon D-90
    The shop that pulled that half of the ceiling down and left glue 2' down my walls and all over that half of the suede says that it was pristine shape when they dropped it off at featherlight,
    Featherlight just worked on the outside awnings?
    anyway I have an HD Video camera and I shot every little spot right away,
    Its funny they won't take responsibility but they said they would re do it all next year when I get back,
    Now if they didn't do it why would they offer to fix it?
    Yikes I say man up and take the blame and lets get it corrected !!
    I am afraid after 6 months it will be old news and I will be stuck with it,
    Who does everyone else use for insurance ??
    Like I said I went through Gilbert and they wrote me through national Interstate ?

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley
    One Chocalate Lab " Rooster " Our Baby !!!

Am I the only one that went with Gilbert and was written with National Interstate?
    I really liked them because they covered everything without any argument but I wish the would go to bat for me now ?
    I will talk with them again when I get out from behind the wheel ,,,
    Maybe on a stop on Monday somewhere around Texas or New Mexico I hope,,,,,,,,
    Last edited by lbriant; 11-04-2012 at 08:45 AM. Reason: wrong word

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley
    One Chocalate Lab " Rooster " Our Baby !!!

I belive the insurance co. is good you just picked a shotty shop . May be they should not of been paid till you were happy . I dont know were you were but in Fl you can pay the clerk of the court in the county of the shop plus ten dollars over the repair bill , than they will issue an order to release your vehical and than if they dont release it to you at once a judge will issue an order , most often the same day and than the shop will rerlease it or be arrested than it has 30 days to answer your complaint to the decresion of a judge or you get all your money back aside from the ten bucks. Dosent fix the mess but now you have funds to fix right. If the ins co made the check in thier name ill say they need to stand up for you its not your fault they paid for some thing you did not want there job is to pay to repair to your satifaction or as it was before . Good luck im sure the problub will be resolved ,, SHOTTY WORK AND A FIRE ABOUT 2 1/2 FOOT HIGH BOTH BURN MY ASS

Cool

I don't understand how the Insurance co can say they are "DONE". In my opinion they would only be "DONE" if they had written a check for a settlement amount, payable to you. By them paying the "SHODDY SHOP " they in effect said we will get the repairs done to your satisfaction. That apparently is not the case.
    GET A LAWYER, you need one.

You have not yet spoken to the correct person.

just sayin, JIM

Who was the check wrote to? I think that is important, if you paid them i belive you are on your owne.

I am with Gilbert and have been for many years, When I sold my house in N.C. and moved to Virginia they switched me to Nationwide. I have not had any problems. They paid a claim in 2006 for vandalism, The coach was on the dealers lot that was selling the coach. I found out that when your coach is on someones lot for sale your Ins is responsible for all claims, even if something happened during a test drive. Some Ins companies offer this Insurance but not many. When putting your coach on someones lot for sale check to see if you can get consignment Ins, if not beware!

I agree with Jim Chaloupka. Also, you are in a better position if the insurance company directed you to a repair facility as opposed to a facility of your choice.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty