Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Roof Air Heat Strip / Heat Pump

Well the final word I talked to National Interstate claims manager to no avail they said they just pay the bill then its my responsibility I told them the checks never passed through my hands (Between $30,000 and $35,000) they had an agreement with the shop that was not fulfilled but they refuse to get involved, So I called Gilbert RV Insurance thats who wrote me through National Interstate, They said they would call National Interstate and try to straighten it out for me, Well the call back from Gilbert Insurance was that they couldn't help me either ??
    I am waiting for a reply from the shop on there plan to reconcile this mess ?????
    I will be doing this allot different if I ever need to again, I never thought anyone could get away with such practises when dealing with an Insurance company, They don't seem to care if they even did the work at all ???? They just send them money,
    I believe they had a contract with the insurance company with all the materials,Labor and parts and what would be done and it should have been completed or the contract would stay open ??

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley
    One Chocalate Lab " Rooster " Our Baby !!!

What a Cluster. If you can not get satisfactory resolution from the shop , Access the cost of the needed repairs and take them to court.
    If it is under $ 10,000.00 you may be able to do this in small claims court depending on the state. They have increased the maximum allowed in many states.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Larry,

Gary may be correct. I'd get some advise from an attorney before doing anything. You may not have any recourse against the shop that did the work. It's possible that the shop was working for your insurance company based on the fact the insurance company paid for the services and I assume did so through the insurance company's acceptance of the work. If true, you'll likely have to write this off as a lost cause unless you want to burn a lot of dollars. Also, if true, the best course of action may be to have a letter sent from your attorney to the shop and hope that comes across as enough of a scare to have them make it right.

I hope you have already changed insurance carriers. Continuing to have them profit from your premiums makes no sense.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Thanks Guy,s
    That gives me allot to think about, I just want my coach back to normal not one extra thing I already have 30 hrs of drive time in and loss of my bus for 6 months, plus a big headache but I don't care about anything but my Baby getting back to normal,
    I am still trying to play ball with the company but they haven't returned my last e mail yet ? I really thought Gilbert would have put the pressure on Nation Interstate to stand by me that disappoints me? Does Gilbert or National Interstate even know about POG ? Maybe as a group they would try harder, to help me out? I am but a single voice ,,,

Larry & Nancy
    Midwest
    2000 45ft Prevost Featherlight Vantare XL 17ft slide, an Overbuilt Motorcycle lift and sterling tow bar to take lots of fun with us
    2012 Black Jeep Rubicon OEM Lift Bilstein shocks, PowerPlant Duel Force Warn 9,500 lb Air/Winch
    1998 FLSTS Custom harley
    One Chocalate Lab " Rooster " Our Baby !!!