Quote Originally Posted by tommybahama View Post
After staying in too many parks with WiFi and getting poor connections or none at all, I’m going to try an exterior wireless “booster” or (in more correct geekspeak) “repeater.”

Failing that, I may splurge on a mobile hotspot like MyFi. Ouch!

Poor connectivity, I’m told, comes from either parking too far from the router or too many campers on the net at the same time. I’ve even heard Prevosts and Wanderlodges, because of their all-metal skin, make bad WiFi access points. Huh?

Any thoughts out there?
Don't bother. A booster won't help with logging on to inadequate campground WiFi system, and it won't do anything for speed even if you succeed in getting on. Invest in a Verizon or competitors' 4G Wifi module. You plug it in or use it on its own batteries. You can put it anywhere in the coach and wirelessly (and quickly, I might add) connect to the internet, with several computers at once. You use an internal password on your computer(s), used to connect to the unit, and that's it, no one else should be able to connect through your unit (sometimes we have connected inadvertently to someone else's Wifi nearby because evidently they weren't protected). Use a top rated internet security software suite (my recommendation, but many people don't use one). Ours cost about $50 a month, but you can opt off for periods (monthly), usually very fast and trouble free.

My two cents.