It kind of depends on the problem you are trying to solve .. If the problem is "radio connectivity" inside your rig from margional coverage areas. Then a booster or just an external antenna can make a big difference. The symptoms of this will be drop outs and reassociations on the radio side of the network .. If whatever your using as a computer shows "bars" or signal strength these will be low and fluxuate. You may also get reassociation errors or lost connectoin errors from the driver. (this won't show up in the web browser, but in the computers driver itself .. Console on the mac, system monitor on windows, syslog on %nix boxes)

More than likely, you are dealing with crappy service at the camps (I've had quit a bit of frustration with this myself, and I do know my sh*t when it comes to this) A lot of the sites appear to be poorly designed and have overlapping radios and other interference problems, along with very choked IP uplinks) Also anything with the tengo systems appear to be chock full of bugs .. as I've seen their access points wedge and stop responding under loads. This will be seen inside the browser which will result in slow page loads, unreachable errors, etc. Sometimes on the more modern operating systems (Windows 7/Macosx) you'll get a pop up saying you are no longer connected to the internet when this happens. The *only* viable solution here is getting another internet .. A MIFI or other 4g/LTE modem or hotspot is about for terrestrial service. If you've got big-bucks then DataStorm or similar will work too.