Thread: Calling all Texans

Moultonborough, NH, and St. Petersburg, FL, or on our sailboat somewhere else.

Default Calling all Texans

A new RV resort is under development near Houston. It is being advertised in some RV magazines and online. The description sounds very interesting but, as the saying goes, paper is patient. I have contacted the sales office for more information. It still sounds very interesting. Take a look at the Platinum site description! Anybody having local knowledge about the area and the resort? The resort is called The Preserve and is located on 2,000 acres adjacent to the Trinity river. The resort address is*201 Cypress Lakes Circle,*Cleveland, TX 77327

The web site is at www.preserveresort.com

Cheers,

Ronald

Sorry but the website is for a place near Pigeon Forge in Tennessee.

Moultonborough, NH, and St. Petersburg, FL, or on our sailboat somewhere else.

Sorry about that. The corrected web site link is http://www.preservervresort.com/resort-info/overview

The Trinity River at Cleaveland is about 45 to 50 miles from Houston (North) . It is deep wooded territory. I have seen the advertisements that look o k. If it is as advertised, it is needed. Mosquitos come with the woods... and ticks... Our Lufkin friends will have a better feel for the project.
    Pres

And Reagan. I would suspect lions and tigers and bears, oh my!!!!!

Hi Gabi & Ron,

We have seen the signs on the highway advertising that resort but have never seen it... It is supposed to be very nice.

If you did venture over there and didn't like it there are several other really nice places you could go to nearby depending on what you really enjoy.

One of our favorites is the Kemah area which is a "marine" area, thousands of sail & motor yachts along with fine eateries.

Then you have Galveston which has taken on a new face since the devastation from hurricane Ike. We keep 2 boats there.

I wish I could tell you about the new resort but just don't know... we are in East Texas about 110 miles north of Houston on highway 59... should you be in our area let us know... we would love to visit with you... we also have a 50amp plug, sewer & water, available in our driveway for overnight guests.

Texas offers lots to do around the state. Please let me know if you would like more specific info.

Cheers,
    Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Hiemann View Post
    A new RV resort is under development near Houston. It is being advertised in some RV magazines and online. The description sounds very interesting but, as the saying goes, paper is patient. I have contacted the sales office for more information. It still sounds very interesting. Take a look at the Platinum site description! Anybody having local knowledge about the area and the resort? The resort is called The Preserve and is located on 2,000 acres adjacent to the Trinity river. The resort address is*201 Cypress Lakes Circle,*Cleveland, TX 77327

The web site is at www.preserveresort.com

Cheers,

Ronald

Larry & Diane Byrd
    Lufkin Texas.
    2005 Liberty Elegant Lady H3-45
    1998 Vantare H3-45 D/S SOLD
    2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV 4WD