Thread: Now I know how big she really is ...

Hybrid View

It takes me about 1 1/2 hours but I have RO water.Waxing takes me several days because I do a little at a time each day.

It takes me about 3-4 hours, but I take my time and clean every thing also use de-ionized water at the barn, waxing I do like Jack one side one day etc, When on the road I usually line up a wash. These buses are to beautiful to be dirty! I do not like the waterless cleaners, they will scratch clear coat and chrome, what do the rest of you guys use for soap to wash with? Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Carmichael View Post
    also use de-ionized water at the barn
    HOw do you de-ionize the water? What does that do for you? Thanks!

De ionized water is a charged bead tank which removes all mineral particles from the water. There are several vendors who one can purchase these tanks. I use a Turtle Wax Auto washing soap.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

I have been using this http://www.crspotless.com/ for over a year now and love it. My bus always dried spotty before using the de ionized water unless I hand dried it. Now it is pretty much spot free without all the drying. Saves a lot of time.

I am using Griot's de-ionizing tank system to wash my rig. With a 14" truck washing brush head and super lightweight telescoping handle, I can wash the whole thing in about an hour. I use a telescoping water wand with adjustable spray head too. This lets me cascade water from above rather than shoot water up at the bus with a normal hose nozzle. No drying required. I spend another 30 minutes getting the really tough bugs off of the front and use a clay bar on the windshields with Griot's Speed Shine as a lubricant. 1.5 hours if no lolly-gagging and she looks amazing. With the de-ionozed water I can wash in direct sun and get NO spots. It is awesome. Replacement resin for the tank only cost $85. Resin life depends on how much water you use and how hard your water is to start with.

Considering a visit from the mobile wash guy at the race track usually runs $100 and leaves me full of spots, my home system is awesome.

What system are you using? Could you post a picture fore us please??

Thanks
    Sid