Thread: Aisle lights stopped working

Default Aisle lights stopped working

Today I replaced my front entry step grab bars (lighted acrylic and gold) with straight stainless grab bars (non-lighted). I unplugged the electrical leads to each grab bar, snipped the ends off, capped them and left them in the hole. I love the new bars but now my aisle lights do not work. The grab bars were attached to this circuit. The light on my aisle light button now remains green and does not change when pushed. Any help on what I need to do with this circuit when removing the front grab bar lights is appreciated. I also have two of the acrylic lighted grab bars available if anybody needs a replacement part.

I have a 99 Country Coach so I don't know what conversion you have but from your description of the button pushed I assume you have a CC. My guess is when you disconnected the grab bar light you broke the circuit to the isle lights. Meaning they are wired together in a series. You can probably tie the wires back together to complete the circuit and the isle lights will probably start working again. (Verify polarity on the wires if you can before reconnecting them.) If they still won't come on after reconnecting the wires, ck the control cards in the first bay in the ECC cabinet to make sure you have not blown the fuse. ( The electronic control cabinet)

The fuses are automotive type blade fuses and should be 10 or 20 AMPs. They will be marked as to amperage and they are referd to as ATC type fuses.

Quote Originally Posted by cthalfman View Post
    I also have two of the acrylic lighted grab bars available if anybody needs a replacement part.

I'm interested in the lighted bars if they include the mounting brackets.

Charles, thanks for the reply. I am pretty sure you are accurate on the breaking of the circuit. Yes, I do have a CC (2000 XL). I will have to get behind the dash and stairwell panel to tie the circuit back together.

Ron, I have had one other member PM me on the grab bars. He is getting back with me today if they are going to work for him. If he does not take them I will let you know. Yes, they include the mounting brackets. Within the center of the bar mount are tabs for the 12V light connection.

OK finally got around to looking at the aisle light connections for the old grab bars. They did not complete a circuit. All four positive and and four negatives paralleled off the main wires feeding the stair rope lights. I have removed them all. The circuit continues into the stair rope lights as before. The aisle lights still do not work. The panel lights for the aisle light control remain green all the time regardless of the position they are in or where they are pressed (front passenger panel or bedroom panel). Any thoughts here? Maybe a fuse? Does anybody with a CC electric diagram know which card controls the aisle lights?

Chris,

I'll try to get over to my coach today and identify which card in the ECC controls the aisle lights. Hopefully, it's just a fuse in the ECC.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Thanks Gil. That is what I am hoping. Nick's post makes reference to a solid green indicating an open circuit or a blown fuse. I don't think the circuit is open so hoping it is the fuse.

http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/...een+light+fuse

Found it. 5th board, 2nd 20 amp fuse from the top of the board.