Thread: Silver Leaf Fuel Gauge Reading

Default Silver Leaf Fuel Gauge Reading

There has been some discussion on the accuracy of the fuel gauge on the Silver Leaf glass dash. After a couple of calibration adjustments, I'm pleased with how Silver Leaf reports fuel levels.

The first thing I did was to determine when Prevost's fuel tank sensor begins to drop below the full reading. Putting 10 gallons at a time into the coach and measuring the sensor's resistance I determined that the sending unit reports the first 30 gallons of fuel consumed as full. Knowing this I set the tank capacity to 180 gallons instead of its actual capacity of 208 gallons.

I then fine tuned the empty calibration over a couple of fill ups and have it calibrated such that I'm happy with what it's reporting. The other day Silver Leaf reported I had 53 gallons remaining. I filled up taking on 147 gallons. So, 147 gallons plus the 53 gallons reported remaining is 200 gallons. Being off by only 8 gallons more accurate than can be seen on any standard needle gauge.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Interesting information Gil and thanks for the follow up on Silver Leaf. Are you in Las Vegas ?

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

I am in Vegas and having a great time. Jamie has so much for us to do we have no time left to gamble: maybe a good thing.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion