Thread: Henry Ford Museum - Dearborn , Michigan

Default Henry Ford Museum - Dearborn , Michigan

2008 Millennium H3-45

2013 Chevy Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie_Bradford View Post
    Jamie,
    I recently visited the Henry Ford Museum, in September 2012, and was very impressed with the exhibits. I consider it definitely worth the effort. However, RV Parks are scarce in the area. I stayed at Greenfield RV Park and definitely could not recommend it. The park was muddy and very, very, very old. I was able to get into a 50 site, sort of. The oldest part of the RV Park is all dirt/mud. I stayed in what was called the newer section. New is a very, very relative word.

What is does have is location. It took about 20 minutes to drive to the museum from the RV Park.

Detroit Greenfield RV Park
    6680 Bunton Road Ypsilanti Township, MI 48197
    (734) 482-7722

Thanks for the reminder of a great visit,

Hector
    Last edited by dreamchasers; 10-04-2012 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Opps!

I used to live less than 1/2 mile from HFM and visited it many times. Just cannot do the whole thing in less than 2 days. That said, have not been back since bus ownership, but have looked around the area. I know of no place close by other than what Hector has described. Should be some sort of activity interested in updating as Ford World Hdqtrs less than 1 mile away, but then, Dearborn like so many other "Auto" cities has had hard times. Another close location to HFM is the Dearborn Inn, originally built by Henry Ford to enable him to wine/dine his customers in truly regal fashion, but as above, have not been there in some time.