Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Generator wont start...

I had this happen twice. First was a dead battery on the gen. Second time there was an orange wire that connected to the starter that had come off. Reconnected the wire and everything work well again. I'd post a picture but don't know how. The wire on mine was to the right (if your facing the gen) toward the top.

89 will be cutting it close, but check for a switch upper right of driver that reads "DC Gen Power" Again, 89 is real close to the cut off point for that particular circuit, but the DC Gen Power switch will have to be engaged to start the gen. (It triggers a solenoid to the gen starter)

If not, I would head straight for the gen fuel pump. This should be a Carter 12 volt, 8 GPM, diesel rated.

Hope that helps. Give us a ring if you have any questions and safe travels!

Pat Sprenger
    Coach Pro LLC
    800-918-7172

Late update:

Problem solved. In the inverter bay there is a panel for the genie next to and inboard of the shore power, the 12v, and the inverter panels. On the outboard side at very top is a 20 amp push in breaker that had popped and if you're not laying on your back in the bay you'd never know it was there.

Thanks for all of the responses and ideas, it's great to know there are so many that can help when things go wrong.