Thread: Nightmare with Marathon in Grand Prairie, Texas

Default Nightmare with Marathon in Grand Prairie, Texas

I took my 1997 Liberty Elegant Lady to Marathon in Grand Prairie to have the refrigerator fixed. I told them before I took it that if they couldn't fix it, could they replace it. They said they could.

I took the Coach in and called them about 8 days later and they told me that they checked out the coach and a few items needed attention. I asked Gary if the refrigerator was fixed and he stated "nothing was wrong with the refrigerator". I told him that was the reason I brought it in. Another week passes and he told me that they replaced some lights and other odds and ends, but the refrigerator repair guy said it couldn't be repaired. I said fine, I need it replaced. Another 5 days goes by and he had made no effort in replacing the refrigerator at all. At this point I was fed up. I paid my exhorbitant bill via credit card and travelled 6 hours to Dallas to get the Coach. When i looked at the Coach the 2 things i needed fixed the electrical cord and the refrigerator weren't touched, yet a blind was totally destroyed in the back and they attempted to cover it up.

I would not recommend Marathon in Grand Prairie. I should have taken the Coach to Liberty. I was trying to save time. Since I've had RV's for 20 years I have never been so disappointed.

For just a fridge in the DFW area I'd recommend Blue Moon RV. They've worked on a number of conversion buses including mine. http://bluemoonrv.com/