Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moto-Sat Trouble

Default Moto-Sat Trouble

Have Moto-Sat setup and all of a sudden I can only get 14 channels on Direct-tv and I subscribe to about a hundred. I still get all channels at home. I sent reciever to Sony and they checked it with my card and got all channels. The problem must be in the Sat. Dish? Any ideas?? Dan
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

Default Dtv

Call customer service (1-800-347-3288). Have them resend your coding while the dish is aligned and the receiver is on.

This can be done by entering your billiing telephone number, and using the menu options along the way to tell it you are not getting channels.

The automated little voice will tell you that the screens should come up in a moment. Within 30 seconds to a minute, it should clear up.

If not be persistent and follow the prompts to tech support and get a tech on the horn.

Save yourself from doing it twice, they will want the model & serial number to the dish, and the access card number.

My bet is the automated reprogram will work.

Its an antipiracy scheme and if you have the receiver off for long periods of time (like in an rv) you lose some programming authorization sometimes.

Hope this helps.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

We are still in the stone age with this equipment utilizing a tri-pod for the dish. A real pain not to mention tacky looking next to the bus. What is this Moto-Sat. Is this the latest and greatest that everyone is using. Where can I look and price and BUY?

Default Moto-sat Problem

Direct-Tv was first thing I tried and worked with them about an hour---no luck--- They said must be reciever so I sent to Sony and they said it works fine so that eliminates everything but Dish I think. I do appreciate the suggestions and am willing to try anything to not have to go spend $2400 for an in motion rig.
    By the way, Joe this Moto-Sat is from the dark ages and not a modern contraption as it was installed in 1999 but has done well so far. Thanks again everyone, Dan
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

Jello Jeep, You are lucky to have a tool addiction you can use them for your fix

Dan,

This is one of the places I make something up if I don't know the answer.

We went through a lot of grief before replacing our dish with a new one because we actually believed the technicians. They put their computer on our system and with great confidence pronounced our receiver as bad.

So fortunately I found a company that sells used receivers and bought one pretty cheap and my satellite system still did not work.

To make a long story short I took the dome off and went to the menu, got down to where I could see signal strength and manually aimed the dish until I got the maximum signal strength. My wife monitored everything from inside the coach and talked to me on the cell phone. When we had the strongest signal we picked a channel and Bingo, we had good clear TV.

My point is that you can do some analysis yourself. Our problem was not in the receiver, but in the ability of the dish to recognize a good signal so it never aimed at the satellite.

I'm not saying that is your problem, but you can verify things. We opted for a new dish because the KVH techs did not provide me with a warm toasty feeling and I had had the TracStar recommended by numerous sources.

Default Swap em

Dan, the easy way to check is this.

You probably have an "advanced" receiver with extra connections to the moto sat so it knows when it has good signal.

So run the dish up and let it lock on. Verify by getting the channels you do, so you know you are on the bird.

Power down the dish pointing part, and swap in a known good receiver (one from the house, or a friend) and see what you get.

Many times people didn't understand that the dish had to be aimed, and the receiver powered up to get the programming signal being downlinked to your receiver to get things right again.

Its also possible you have a bad LNB, and only getting signals from some transponders & not from others.

Also check in the menu, and veryify that you have the right dish type specified in setup (probably round, single LNB).

You can figure this out, we have faith!

Default Jim

Jim, I am fixin to FIX indeed

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Although the dark ages model would probably go well with an 86- What IS the current stationary remote dish of preferance?
    AND
    How many Lewbucks for an in-motion dish?
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 12-12-2006 at 09:40 PM.

I priced an in- motion unit last year at Quartzite and FMCA for around $1600.00 w/ install. I do not remember what type however. Gary
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide